TWENTY SEVEN Soon?

~~
TWO DAYS LATER
~~

There is a knock on the door as Dean positions the couch him and Cas chose at a furniture store, white leather. Dean swings open the door to see Cas wearing blue ripped Jeans and and a long sleeve, black fitted shirt.
"Hey." Dean breaths.
"Hi." Cas replies.
"Cas I am so sorr-" Dean gets cut off by Cas stepping forward and kissing him. Dean kicks the door closed and pushes Cas up against the nearest wall as their mouths slide against eachother in a desperate attempt to remember each and every thing they love about eachother. Dean pulls away breathing harshly but Cas just continues down to kiss Dean's neck.
"Cas." Dean breaths and shoves him away.
"We really need curtains." Cas mentions, his breath uneven. Dean nods.
"Let's go get some." Cas says swiping up Dean's keys.
"You aren't driving!" Dean yells and tackles Cas, getting his keys and racing to the Impala.

They decided on brown curtains that let no light through. They go home and hang them. Dean had set up the bottom floor in two days. The living room with a TV set up and everything. Curtains and couches and chairs. Dean and Cas sit on the couch, Dean's arm slipping around Cas.
"I love you." He says and kisses Cas's neck.
"I love you too." Cas smiles, tilting his head giving Dean more access. Dean bites and sucks until there is a sufficent mark on Cas's neck. Dean kisses the side of Cas's mouth.
"Now what?" Cas asks.
"We kind of need a bedroom." Dean says.
"And a bed that doesn't make tok much noise." Cas winks.
"Why? No one is livin with us." Dean stands picking up Cas.
"We have family that might want to stay with us." Cas says.
"Fair enough." Dean says putting Cas down to get his keys and lock the door. They drive to the nearest furniture store and pick out a dark mahogany bed. It has drawers on the bottom.
"So that'll be delivered in the next hour or so." The lady at the front desk informs them.
"Thanks." Dean says quickly, taking Cas's hand and practically running out of the store.
"I hate shopping." Dean comments.
"No, you hate furniture shopping. Last time we went to the mall, I put ten billion different hats on you and you loved it." Cas points out.
"I secretely hated it." Dean growls.
"I bet you did, cause you are a big independant man who doesn't need no ones help!" Cas says in a little kids voice and shakes his head side to side violently. Dean rolls his eyes and scoffs turning on the radio, meanwhile Cas laughs histerically beside him.

Dean arrives back at the house as the same time the bed is being delivered so he rushes to open the door.
"Sorry about that." Dean unlocks the door and gives them directions upstairs to the bedroom.
"Babe! Lock the car please!" Dean calls.
"Okay!" Cas shouts back. The moves silently put the bed upstairs and nod as they head out. Dean just stares at them with a blank look on his face and slowly closes the door as they drive away.
"We already have sheets and comforters and pillow cases and all that .. Jazz." Cas says.
"Alright, then let's put together our room." Dean says cheerfully. Cas nods and follows Dean upstairs. The previous owners left some furniture behind. There is a long countertop, drawer type storage thing around the walls of the bedroom. It has a TV on it, at the foot of the bed where it's set up, a tall mirror and drawers everywhere. Dean tosses a sheet at Cas's head and chuckles when it hits him in the face. They teamwork putting on the bed. First the top two corners, then the bottom two corner. Cas puts pillows in two black pillow cases and throws them at Dean who is childishly jumping on the bed. He throws then down and then they wave the black comforter over the bed.
"Four days of owning a house and-"
"We barely have anything done." Dean cuts off Cas.
"We need to finish the bedrooms, Cas there is like three other bedrooms. What are we even going to use them for?" Dean asks.
"One's a spare and the other two... Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there." Cas says.
"I'll cross your bridge." Dean mutters quietly.
"What?" Cas asks.
"Nothing." Dean smirks. Cas glares at him and shakes his head. There is a knock at the door.
"I'll be back." Dean says trotting down the stairs. He swings open the door and a cold round cirlce touches his forehead.
"Shit." He says barely audible.
"You killed... My friend!" A masked man shouts.
"Which one?" Dean asks sarcastically. The man shoves the barrel of the pistol in Dean's head harder.
"Whoa, okay. Yeah, I probably did. So why shoot me when I was forced to do it?" Dean asks.
"Cause he's a bitch." Cas's voice says from the stairs. The shooter turns and shoots a bullet. It luckily zips straight past Cas and out the open front door. Cas holds up a gun, giving Dean a chance to snatch one of the hidden guns he stashes all over the house for cases exactly like this one.
"Unless you want to be shot in the back of the head. I suggest you drop the gun and leave now." Dean says calmly. Cas lowers his gun shakily and the shooter simple puts the gun down and Dean shoves him out of the house. He aims the gun down and shoots the attackers foot. The masked idiot falls to the ground and clutches his foot.
"If you can hold a gun to someones head with the intention to kill them. You can walk with a shot foot." Dean says, slamming the door. He slides down the door to the floor and throws the gun.
"Dean?" Cas's voice shatters Dean's mind. Dean looks up to Cas with a heartbroken look.
"Cas." Dean's voice brakes. Cas pulls Dean off the floor and hugs him.
"Cas? Babe I'll be right back. I have somewhere to go really quick." Dean whispers.
"Will you be safe?" Cas asks.
"Yes." Dean says confirming. Cas kisses Dean carefully and Dean grabs his keys, one hand lingering on Cas's waist.
Dean closes the door behind him and immediately calls Sam.
"Dean?"
"Sam, I'm quitting." Dean says.
"Quitting what? Assassination?" Sam asks.
"Yes. I have to. A guy almost just shot both Cas and me. We are both in danger. I can't have a famly that way." Dean says.
"Okay. We'll Chuck is here right now." Sam says hesitantly.
Did Dean just say the word Family? Sam thinks.
"I'm on my way." Dean says tossing his phone to the passenger side. He begins driving the 15 minutes it takes to get to the warehouse. Once he gets there the door is open. He drives in the same way he always did after a mission, parking in the same place. He gets out of the car and everyone is silent. Dean looks up to see Chuck with everyone standing behind him. Dean scans the group- his family.

"I'm done." Dean says. Simple. Done.
"Alright. I'll talk to you soon." Chuck says.
"Soon?" Dean repeats.
"Nothing is ever really done. Is it?" Chuck asks rattling a sniper rifle from behind his back. Dean stares silently for several moments before running a hand through his hair with a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

~~

Dean squints through the scope of the sniper rifle as he tracks his victim.
"Hey Chuck? You sure it's him?" Dean questions as his finger begins to squeeze the trigger slightly.
"Oh yeah. It's him." Chuck says. Dean's finger presses tighter.

Tighter.

Tighter.

A shot tears through the cold autumn night, shattering the small crystals of air like millions of glass panes.

But it's not from Dean's gun.