5: Car Wash

Chapter Five

"Jenna," Elena whispered as we both walked into the kitchen to see our Aunt. Elena just informed me that she caught Vicki in the bathroom she shared with Jeremy. So she spent the night apparently. "Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?"

"Uh-huh," Jenna uttered, looking back down at whatever was in front of her on the table.

"And you have no objection?"

"He could be craftier about it. At least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner," she told us while Elena and I moved around the kitchen to make ourselves cereal for breakfast.

"Ooh. So you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan."

"I'm gonna show up and torture him, yes," Jenna smirked. "And have you heard from Stefan?"

"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. 'Hi. Um, Elena, I, um... I have something I have to do I'll, uh, explain in a few days'," she imitated and I shook my head at her in amusement.

"Haven't you called him?"

"Nope," Elena answered. "Not going to either."

"And you're okay with everything?"

"No, I'm not okay with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it either. You know, I was gonna write in my diary and then I thought: 'What am I gonna write?' Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy."

"Okay, then," Jenna muttered.

"I'll be fine," Elena pouted and I rolled my eyes, eating my cereal happily. Elena walked off with her bowl while I sat at the table, eating while Jenna continued working on whatever she was doing.

***

"I want in your face sexy. I mean, it's a fundraiser for God's sake," Caroline was saying a few feet away, walking down the hall with two other girls. She was passing out flyers for some car wash fundraiser thing that she was running. Of course, Elena, Bonnie, and I had already been invited.

"Unbelievable," Elena said once Caroline was out of sight. "It's like nothing happened."

"She's in denial," Bonnie sighed.

"Hey," a new voice came. We all turned to see Stefan.

"Hey. Uh, you know, I gotta go um, be somewhere right now," Bonnie stuttered before walking off. Wow.

"I'm so sorry I haven't called," Stefan said. Shit, I needed to go. This was awkward.

"No worries. I'll live," Elena put on a fake smile.

"I was dealing with Damon," he replied and that caught my attention. So much for planning to just walk away.

"And did you deal with Damon?"

"Yes. Yeah."

"For four days?"

"You have every right to be upset with me," he said. "But can I explain it all to you, please?"

"Sure. When?"

"I gotta be home after school, but the Grill around 4:00?" He suggested.

"Okay," she whispered. She was dissapointed. I could see it on her face. She was upset with him whether she wanted to admit it or not.

"Stefan, where's Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do," Caroline stated, coming over to us all.

"He's gone, Caroline," Stefan informed her.