20: Platinum Blonde

Chapter Twenty

It was early in the morning and I was over Stefan's. He called me to come over, in a storm nonetheless. Apparently, him and Damon were attacked last night by some tomb vampires, they all got out. Now, Damon, who apparently talked to the girl Anna-the stupid bitch who used me to save her mom in the tomb, and her mother, Pearl, making some deal to help them stay in town or something. I was confused about that though to be honest.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the doors and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon suggested, finishing with his hammering up wood to cover their broken in window from last night's break in.

"Yeah? And then what, turn to the rest of their house of vampires and say, oops, sorry?" Stefan replied and I giggled.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," I sighed, wrapping my arms around Stefan's waist from behind. He placed his hands on top of mine, holding me.

"It's more like a helpful exchange of information. It's not like I got a choice. She's scary," he said and I shrugged it off. He didn't have choice, I believe that. And nothing changes what already happened. "Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine."

And there goes me not caring and on his side. "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process," I replied, letting Stefan go to glare at his older brother.

"You don't have to be snarky about it," he said, returning my glare.

"I woke up to learn all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky," I quipped and he sat down groaning.

"Ugh. How long are you gonna blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" He asked and I gaped at him. Why did he bring that chick up? I could care less. Granted I doubt I'd like the woman, so having her dead was an easier option. Maybe I was heartless but I didn't know her to care.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities," I retorted, crossing my arms and walking towards him.

"Ouch," he mocked.

"This isn't being productive," Stefan said, interrupting us. He sounded so awkward about it that I found it cute. "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?" He asked Damon.

Damon stood up and walked past us both and out the room. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I turned to face Stefan's frowning face. "I'm sorry, he just makes me so cranky," I pouted innocently. Stefan chuckled, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"I know, he makes everybody cranky," Stefan replied while my arms went around his torso. I never wanted to let him go. I rested my head against his chest enjoying his tight embrace.

"So, what are we gonna do?"

"Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise."

I pulled away just a bit to see his face, "What about me? I can't sit here and do nothing."

"That's exactly what you're gonna do. That's what's gonna keep you safe," he said, his hands gently holding me by my neck. I placed my hands on his wrist, ready to push him away before he seduced me into agreeing with him.

"Which means nothing if you're not safe too," I told him.

"I'm perfectly safe," he looked over my shoulder for a moment before meeting my eyes. "I have Damon, the self-sercing psychopath, on my side."

I rolled my eyes, resting against him again. His arms going around me once more. "Ugh. Well, that's comforting," I said sarcastically. We stood like that for awhile in front of the fireplace for awhile.