Chapter 2 - Redemption

A/N: Sorry for the delay in uploading. This is a somewhat boring chapter, to introduce some of the characters. It will pick up! Remember to vote and comment!

M

Chapter 2

**Chloe**

As I walk back to the Dorm with Ivy, I think about all the things that I have learned. I do not remember how I came to be at Saint Peters Academy, or St. Pete’s as the students call it. The school is impressive, looking more like an Ivy League college than a high school; lush lawns and gardens with picturesque views and a lake bordered by forests.  I have a benefactor, but I do not know who and no one will tell me anything. I think he has something to do with the memories I am missing. I feel like there is a hole in my chest; like there is something really important I need to know.  I am now nineteen, my birthday just passed, although I don’t remember it. Nick showed me the pictures of the party that he took on his phone, to help me remember. I suspect I ‘m not repressing the memories, but that they aren’t even there. I feel like someone stole them, which is what Ivy thinks, even though I know that is impossible, isn’t it?

As we enter the dorm I sense Ivy stiffen, and I look to see what would cause her reaction. In the door of the rec. room I see four of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. There are three boys and a girl. The first boy looks at me, a smile on his angelic face; his pale eyes resting on me. I am not sure why, but I do not meet his gaze, I get a bad feeling, that if I do he will do something bad to me.  He is blonde, with angular features and red lips; the black jeans and skin tight white polo shirt accentuating his perfect, muscular body.

He smirks. “Like what you see?” I turn my head away, shaking it, hiding my face behind my hair. Arrogant bastard, I think to myself.

The three others look as if they are siblings. They have black hair framing pale faces with almost black eyes; all with perfect physiques.  The girl looks like a supermodel. They are all creepy.

“Ivy, those kids scare me. Why do they frighten me so much?” I whisper in her ear.

“Because, you show good judgment; they are vampires, stay away from them.” Ivy pulled me around the corner and stopped abruptly. “ Chloe, I need to look you in the eye, it is important, and I can’t wait until we get to you room.” She put her hands on my cheeks, cool against my warm skin. I felt something click into place, and I looked at her face, a sheen of sweat glistening on her forehead and top lip. I never really looked at her; she is pretty, with ash blonde hair and green eyes with gold flecks.  “You have been warded; they cannot enter your mind. I should have done this sooner but I didn’t want to overload you, I don’t think we have a choice now. They are still a danger to you. They are fast and strong and they aren’t here by accident.” I am not sure why, but I believe everything she told me. I shiver, goose-bumps going up my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I can feel their eyes drilling into my back as we walk away.

We got to my room, Ivy leaving me at the door. I opened it and glance around. It is spacious, and tastefully decorated. I have a Queen size bed with a pretty sage green and brown comforter, a desk that is situated under the window and a dresser with a mirror above it. There is a walk in closet and plush carpeting on the floor.  I love how the earth tones make me feel calm. I have perfume and makeup on the dresser, and a photo. It is me and a man, and he is drop dead gorgeous. He has his arms around my waist and we are both smiling, his eyes are incredible, they almost look like they are glowing red. It must be the film, no ones eyes look like that, right? I finished my tour of my room with the attached bathroom. I needed a shower,  turning on the faucet, I get in and let the hot water flow over the sore muscles of my back. I grab the shampoo and sniff, mmmm tangerine, I have good taste. I lather, shave then get out, wrapping myself in a towel. Padding into my room I look in the drawers and find panties, boxers and a tank top, and slip into them and then lie down. The boys had to go to their rooms, as this is the girls section. I was almost sorry; I didn’t want to be alone.  I think I will be nervous until the vampires are gone.