Chapter 11 - Redemption

A/N:  Yay! an upload! I hope you like the new character i introduced! please consider this a warning, there is an intimate scene near the end of this chapter, I tried not to go overboard. and Remember to:

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

Micky

Chapter 11

**Chloe**

I woke up in a small bedroom. I did not remember going to sleep. The last thing I remember was Jax, and transporting. Standing up, rather unsteadily, I surveyed my surroundings. The bedroom is tiny barely containing a single bed, and small dresser. Walking to the door I opened it, stepping into a short hall, and descending the stairs at the end.

“I should go check on her.” I heard Jax say.

“You will do nothing of the sort, young man.” The voice of a woman, definitely older, snapped. “Couldn’t you see her mark? She has a soul mate; she is not going to fall for you.”

“But, its Vladimir!” he replied.

“I know its Vladimir, Jax,” I said, coming into the cozy kitchen. He scowled at me. “The man he was over the centuries is not who he is now. The man I am mated to is a good man. He is fierce, loyal, and willing to die for me. I want to bear his children, Jax, and to do that I have to get him back before they kill him or find me.”

“I still think I am a better choice.” He scowled.

“I don’t have feelings like that for you, I think we will be good friends, but that is it. I don’t want to hurt your feelings but I won’t lead you on either,” my voice was soft when I delivered this statement, and I waited for his reaction.

“I think she was honest with you, boy, you should appreciate it.” The woman who was standing at the sink said. Walking over to me she wiped her hands on the apron she was wearing and held out her hand. “Hello, my name is Gwen, I am Jax and Betta’s mother, and you must be Chloe.” Her warm smile made me feel welcome. Her red hair was tied back in a ponytail, and her eyes were a twinkling green. She was wearing a red “Star Wars” apron over a green t-shirt and jeans, and she didn’t look old enough to be anyone’s mother. “Now, why don’t you explain why my son needed to retrieve you at what I think was about one in the morning your time?”

“My mate was taken while out checking intel on Darius. I can’t explain how I know, but Julius was there, and he was not interested in Vladimir.” I could feel my eyes tearing up, and I refused to let it go.

“Can you tell us anything else?” Jax said.

“I got a text from Nick; Julius tried for me hours after I left with you. I think he wants me for some reason. I thought I was in danger because of Vladimir, but now, I am pretty sure it was coincidence that he and I even met.” I told him.

“So what do you want us for?” he said.

“This is not going to go away, we have to end it. The fight has always been on Julius and Darius’ terms, now it is time to change the rules. I need to learn how to use my power more effectively, and as an offensive weapon. I need control. It is a matter of time before I shift, I can feel it coming, I need to hold off as long as possible, so I don’t go into heat.”

Just then a door opened and a lithe blond girl strode in. she was striking. Thin and tall with a willowy grace, her waist length blonde hair gently swaying down her back. She had the biggest, most intense light blue, almost white, eyes I have ever seen and a slight smile that turned up her bow shaped mouth.