Chapter 9

"You ready to face your role-model?" I ask as we're seconds away from facing my family.
"Ready for anything, Bebe." He smiles. The doors open and my heart starts to pound. I quickly peck his hand and let go of it. We walk in smoothly and head to the lounge. The whole Grey clan is here and the last time they were here, they held an intervention for me. It was a really bad meeting. Reese is sitting next to Ted, Mom and dad are cuddling on the the other couch as well as Kate and uncle Lelliot. Grandpa and Grandma Grey are sitting on another couch with no one else other than themselves. Shyly, I put the gift bag on the coffee table.
"Umm, hey guys. Hope you don't mind, just brought a really good friend of mine," I fidget with my fingers as everyone's eyes are on me, "Ross, meet the Grey's." Everyone says their hellos except for Ted. Shock.
"Greetings. Thank you for inviting me to your home. I don't only come as Phoebe's friend but also as a fan of Mr Grey's work," he introduces himself in his formal English. Mom and dad look flattered.
"Stop making yourself all awkward and formal, come on and chill," uncle Lelliot says. Always the man who cracks the ice. Amazing man, yes he is. Ross takes a seat on the couch Reese and Ted are on but Ted decides to be a dick about things and he walks away. His mood swings don't bother me. I roll my eyes and walk towards my dad and hand him the gift. He grins and opens his arms as I hug him and peck his cheek.
"Thank you, Phoebe." He whispers. "Pleasure dad. Had to brainstorm this bad boy last minute with my fellow soldier over there. Now open it." He follows my orders and he opens his gift. He inspects all the gifts and smiles. The only thing left his the card. He takes it out last and smiles at the front of the card.
"Read out loud, want mom to hear how good I am at English," I smirk. He refuses and hands it to me. "Would be weird if I was the narrator behind your writing. Read for me." I shrug and take the card. It's a fair point and it's well made. Clearing my throat, I read it aloud, "Dear Christian Grey but since it's Phoebe, Dear Dad,
As your daughter, I must always be the best at making you smile.
Sadly, I was such an ass during these past few months.
I was the biggest asshole this world created. Mad as hell. Hard to get. All I wanted from you was to disown me but you didn't, cause you love me.
Under that so-called 'hard to get' skin of yours, you care. I know that cause I've seen your true colors, Grey.
Dad, I'm sorry for being the worst thing ever but I'm slowly trying to be the daughter you always wanted. All the small gestures you've done to win my respect back, shows that you love me. It's been a hard time for me but I've finally found the daughterly love you wanted from me.
I love your strict ass more than anything. More than mom loves you!
From Phoebe...no.
From your daughter, Bebe." He finishes. I wipe a tear and smile at his reaction towards my birthday card.
"I love you so much," I whisper to my dad. He grins, says it back and rises from his seat to give me a heart-warming hug.

AFTER DINNER, Ross and I are in my personal library; his sitting on the couch and I'm on his lap with one of my sketch books. I'm all snuggled up on his lap and I page through the book.
I stop paging and look at Ross. His eyes weren't on my book the whole time, they were on me. His glistening eyes make the butterflies in my belly go wild. Ross closes the book with both of his hands on top of mine and he takes it from me. Wrapping his muscular arms on my body, he kisses my temple making me blush.
"I'm a little offended that you just did that," I look into his eyes and focus on the sparkle in them. Ross smiles and pecks my nose, "Sorry. I just want to tell you some things about myself. Have a little session whereas we just be honest towards each other." Well, he's going to run out of here with a frown and a disappointed heart once I tell him the dark things about me. I close my eyes, trying to withdraw my tears.
"You first?" I whisper and open my eyes. He nods with a straight yet disappointed face.
"I'm from a wealthy family. Second child of three. Mother owns a beauty company and father is a businessman. Ross Jenkins isn't just a business student, I'm also into cars and their engines. I've always wanted to be a mechanic but it doesn't really pay much but I do it part time, just for extra cash. Musically, I play the acoustic guitar and I'm a huge fan of Ed Sheeran." He smiles brightly. The passion in his eyes is such a blessing to witness. I peck his cheek and nibble on my bottom lip. He looks down on me with a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips
"Your turn," he breathes, putting a lose strand of my hair behind my ear.
"I'm a DJ, you obviously know that. It might look like that I'm living a good life, which is pretty true but I'm not entirely happy. The last time I saw my family, they held an intervention for me," a flashback of the intervention invades my mind. Remembering how reckless I was. Heck I'm still reckless but I dropped a notch or two, "I'm happy I changed. My brother and father are the most overprotective when it comes to my mom and I. My brother seems to hate you but fuck him, I like you and soon you're going to be my boyfriend, who knows. Anyways, my true passion is music." Instead of replying, he pulls me closer and kisses me passionately. I kiss him back with my hand caressing his cheek.