Chapter 26

The dinner get together has come to an end and Ross and I are just chilling at the balcony. I'm smoking my lightly scented cigarettes and he's hugging me from behind.
"Maybe you should spend the night here. You've left some of your clothes here, no need to worry about clothing," I suggest with a smirk and take another drag from my cigarette. He chuckles softly and rocks my body, from side to side when he says, "Why the fuck not. Been a while since I've been in your bedroom." I look up at him and he bends down to peck my lips softly. Tossing my cig over the balcony, we enter the penthouse hand-in-hand and sneak into my bedroom.

"PROMISE YOU'LL BE SAFE WHILE WE'RE GONE?" Mom whines as dad punches the button of the elevator. Ted and I help them with their luggage and I fake up a smile.
"Don't worry mom. We'll be fine. It's just a weekend out of town," Ted says. All I do is nod and smile as I agree with him. She holds my hands and squeezes them, "You've got your asthma pumps with you, right? No refills needed...I'll cancel this trip if you want me to--"
"No!" Ted and I scream out after mom says that then we look at each other awkwardly.
Dad frowns and wraps his arm around mom's waist then he looks at her, "We deserve some time together." The elevator doors open and they're inside. Ted and I stand extremely close next to each other and wave them goodbye. The doors close and they're gone and we can finally breathe. We chuckle and give each other high fives then scream out, "House party!" Ted and I dash to our bedrooms and get ready to go shop for party stuff, even though the thing is tomorrow.
I jump out of my gym shorts and long sleeved spandex top and have a brisk shower. Light denim high-waisted jeggings, black and white stripped t-shirt that's tucked in the jeggings with monochrome vans. I tie my hair in a neat ponytail when my phone rings and it's Ross. Grabbing my car keys and wallet, I quickly answer the phone.
"Parents gone already?" He asks, softly. Ted and I meet up halfway and we walk inside the elevator. "Yeah. Ted and I are going downtown to get some party stuff. Throwing a house party." I mumble and lean against the elevator wall. There's an awkward pause after I mentioned that. To be honest, I don't really care. Ted and I haven't had a house party for two years. He was sixteen and I was fourteen and Welch caught us out, told the parents and got us grounded for three months.
"Why are being like this to your parents? Constantly punishing them..." I hear him whisper. My gut is telling me that he's pouring his heart out about my choices but my heart says he's not thinking about what he's saying. This makes me frown. The elevator doors open and we walk to my car. For the first time since I got the car, I give Ted the keys to drive the car. He celebrates as we both get in.
"Only a one time thing," I mouth as he thanks me and starts the car, "Ross, I hope you weren't thinking when you said that."
"Obviously I mean it. Why are you throwing a party without them knowing? Come on, they've given you everything you've ever needed and this is your sign of 'Thank You'. Bebz..." Ted eases out of the parking and drives into the highway.
"They've given me misery along the way. You know that," I snapped at him.
"You just say that because you always want to seem like the victim. Let them breathe and stop worrying about you for once," he snaps back at me. Since when does he gang up on me and choose my parents side? Bullshit at its best.
"Wow. You know what, if you want to come to the party, be my guest. I'm going to throw the party whether you like it or not. All our friends are down and invited and you're the only one who's acting like an uptight parent about it!" I yell into the phone and my breathing has already stopped. He knows pressing my hot buttons isn't the right choice. I hear him sigh through the phone, "Are you breathing?" Oh come on!
"Why the fuck do you care? You just woke up this morning just to piss your girlfriend. Lemme repeat that, GIRLFRIEND! You're actually lucky, I didn't break up with you. Remember the time I went to the meeting with Cole, before that I found out that Mr Ross Jenkins lied to his own brother about him and his girlfriend hitting it off in bed." And boom...complete silence. Ted has enlarged eyes and a tiny little smirk and Ross is completely silent. I end the call and start looking for my asthma pumps.
Inhale...exhale, I'm back to normal.

AFTER THE WHOLE FIGHT with Ross, things have cooled off a little. Ted and I got the decor, snacks and managed to get one of his friend's to DJ at the party. I would've done it but there's so much stress, I'd like to get wasted with my friends.
We get back home, Ted is off to his room and I drop the stuff at the kitchen. When I walk to the lounge, there's a visitor. How thoughtful.
Ross is in his usual grunge attire; ripped jeans, simple colored tee and a plaid shirt over his t-shirt. Hair tied and still slaying his nerd glasses but right now, I'm definitely not in the mood to talk to him.
"You know your way out," I turn on my heels and exit but he follows me and stops me by pulling my wrist.
"Please, let's just talk. I can explain..." He begs. I stop him by raising my index finger and begin scolding him, "You knew exactly what you were doing and you did it anyways but the only way to run away from your wrongs is to jump into mine and reminding me about them." My petite body continues storming towards my room but Ross can't let go of me. He's like a lost puppy. It's annoying!
"I didn't mean too, I was put in the spotlight--"
"Put in the spotlight to lie about us losing our virginity? I thought you were smarter than that!" I finally snap and yell as loud as I could. "It fucking hurts when the person you love the most starts lying about such big things to other people." Tears start rolling down my cheeks. Ross looks like he's been shot one thousand times. Just by looking at him, he knows that he's in the wrong. He walks closer to me, wanting to comfort me but I take a step back and point to the elevator, "Get the fuck out before we both end up being miserable and single." He open his mouth then closes and walks out towards the elevator. When he steps in, I can feel his eyes follow me as I run to my bedroom, crying down the hallway.
After slamming the door shut, I lay in bed and start crying them the door swings open, startling me.
When I sit up to check who it is, I get up and start screaming. Suddenly, the door slams shut again and I'm pinned against the wall. Our lips crash and move in sync as we instantly make out. I feel the urge to wrap my legs around his waist and start pulling his hair as he digs his nails deeply into my him, making me groan.
"Four months, one fight. It can't be the end," he whispers against my lips, "I'm sorry--" I shut him up before he starts to give a speech about his apology. He continues kissing me, passionately and carries my scrawny yet wanting body to bed. Without breaking the kiss, he lays me down the bed and is still on top. I feel his hand going up my stomach to my chest and slides to the right, squeezing my boob. Ross takes his thumb and strokes my nipple softly, making it harder. I suppress a moan, it's so unfamiliar to moan but it just feels right. He pulls out my t-shirt out of the jeggings, and his cold but big hand slides up and finds his way under my bra and plays with my bare breast. This makes me arch my back and whimper for more. His lips kiss down my jaw and starts kissing my neck, biting it softly and sucking it hard. It's so hard not to moan.
I quickly sit up, panting as I take my shirt off and unclip my bra then toss it across the room. My hands on his arms, I pull him back on top of me. Ross continues giving me hickeys then decides to continue biting and sucking as his lips go lower. My eyes are shut when he starts biting and sucking around my boobs. When I feel his hand go lower, reaching from my crotch...I close my legs and squeeze his hand. My mind is back to reality and I sit up on my bed, totally embarrassed. I cover my chest and look at him. He looks disappointed that we didn't have sex. My tears roll down again, down my cheeks and I feel so horrible...
I feel something being thrown over my shoulders. I look up at Ross and he grimaces.
"I understand...now cover up," he whispers. I do what I'm told and throw myself at him. Holding him and sobbing all over his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and lays us down on my bed.