Chapter 18

Back home but there's still silence between dad and I. That isn't going to disturb me at all, because I've got a party to plan for. In two weeks time, I'm finally going to turn sixteen. I really don't know much people but a cute little get together won't hurt. Just my friends, some family members won't hurt but I've always wanted to have a huge sweet sixteen birthday party. Since I left Miami, I never really used the money I earned. Ross just wanted to spoil me as we explored the warm place. I wake up and it's like 9:40am on my alarm clock. Body is alright and my hair is in its usual frizzy mess. I tie my hair in a messy bun and jump out of bed. As I walk to my closet's mirror, I just look at my reflection. A thin pale girl, medium height with copper hair just wearing a black long-sleeved t-shirt with matching sweatpants. Barefooted and weird looking. Weird thing is, Ross always complimented me every morning I woke up next to him in Miami. He really is a gem then another thought jumps into my mind. On our last day at Miami, Ted suggested I should join him in the gym. I'm not really an athlete but it would be nice to have some muscle and abs. Walking out of my closet and entering my disturbingly large room, my phone starts to ring. I walk toward my bedside table with a frown and answer the incoming call.
"Bebe," I scold tiredly. The voice chuckles and I already know who it is, "Someone is out of hell. How's your morning, Phoebe?" Jack's voice always makes me blush. To be honest, I don't even want to see him yet. I did have a 'sugar daddy' crush on him but now I'm taken.
"It's been good. Umm, how about yours?" I stutter awkwardly. "It's good but I'm flying out of Seattle. Stupid Judge from the court said I shouldn't be near the Grey's." I hear him sigh, "Therefore, I won't see you anytime soon." Well, that's a bummer...for him.
"Maybe we will see each other someday. I'm a really busy girl though," I said.
"Yeah, I know. Phoebe Grey, my plane to Detroit awaits. Talk when I'm available."
"Bye," I whisper as I end the call. I take an deep breath to calm my nerves.
I exit my room and walk to the kitchen. The first Grey I see is the douchebag I haven't spoken to for days. Better break the silence and be nice, I guess.
"Morning dad," I mutter. He looks up at me as he pours himself a cup of bold coffee.
"Phoebe," he nods. I rest my elbows on the counter and I take a seat on one of the barstools. "Want coffee?" He asks and his lips twitch. As if he knows how I like my coffee but why not.
"Sure dad." I accept his sweet little request or whatever.
"So what are you doing today?" He asks softly as he takes out my favorite coffee mug. It's the only black matte coffee mug in the house. This makes me frown. Never thought he'd know my favorite mug.
I scratch my nose and shift on my seat, "Asked Janice, Cole's PA, to meet up with me here. She's helping me with my plans for my sixteenth birthday party," I lick my lips. Dad walked towards me with two mugs in his hands. Gave me my favorite mug and my coffee looks as perfect as I usually make it. He leans against the counter and looks at me as I take a sip of my coffee. Well, he made my coffee just the way I like it. Frowning at him and pat his head, "Chill, I won't choke on it." I laugh. He smiles and walks towards the barstools. He takes a seat next to me and starts drinking his coffee.
"Continue telling me your plans. Remember, mom won't be home till Thursday," he shrugs. It's only Sunday but yeah, the ass is right. "Anyways, Monday after school, I have to start giving out my invitations. Stupid thing is, I have no idea what I want my party's theme to be." And that's true. I can't make it a DJ theme, cause I'm a DJ and that's so predictable, can't make it a Halloween or Christmas theme 'cause that's boring.
"Bebe, you're into hippies right?" Dad asks as he interrupts my overthinking.
"Yeah but you're not gonna approve that. Hippies are like into sex and weed...all that. No doubt, I do fancy how they just so chilled," I laugh as I take a long sip of my coffee. He frowns, "No, it's your birthday party so everything you want to do, you do it. Just don't bring in weed or alcohol." What's a party without alcohol? But I don't need booze to have fun. An awkward pause leaves me thinking of another theme and boom! I think I got it! I put my mug on the counter and squeeze my dads shoulders in excitement.
"Vintage lingerie party," I say slowly with my eyes widened and a big smile on my face. Dad frowns and opens his mouth, about to say something but I quickly interrupt him, "Not completely nude, like those nice silk lingeries. Like mom's night dress. Girls in similar silk lingeries and big furry coats and fluffy scarves. Makeup all done with big hair and tacky nails," Oh. My. Gosh. This is a perfect idea! All the guys who are invited should look like pimps.
We both hear the elevator doors open from a distance.
"Must be Janice," I jump off the stool as scurry to the elevator doors but I stop halfway and turn on my heels and run back to dad. Even though he didn't apologize the way I expected him to, he deserves a peck on the cheek.
"Thanks dad." I hug him tightly and run to the elevator. I hug Janice tightly and she hugs me back. Can't wait to get started!
We walk to my room and I lead her to my study table as I go my separate way to get all fresh.
After my quick shower, I tie my wet hair into a neat bun, slip into a red and black plaid shirt-dress, black stockings and brown leather combat boots.

"Right, I already called a party planner to get all your things ready. His name is Fredrick Gonzales. He's also a part-time stylist, so we're covered with the clothes and party stuff," she hands me Fredrick's business card, "I already have some friends who are working at this bakery shop. All you gotta do is tell them your party's theme and you leave them to design your cake, here's some pictures of the cakes they've done," she pulls out her portfolio out of her satchel and opens it. She hands it to me and points at the cakes.
"Cool cakes. Would it be appropriate if I asked them to design a vintage brothel kinda thing? Like with plus-sized women with lingeries on?" I ask as I page through the portfolio. Janice giggles, "Like I said, tell them whatever you want for your cake and they'll do all the magic." I look up at her and smile, shaking my head slightly.
"Wanna come to the party," I ask as I close the portfolio and hand it to her. Her big green eyes widen and she bites her plump peach lips. She ends up smiling and nods. Whipping her long black hair to the side she puts her portfolio back in her satchel, "You know we're friends and stuff, so I'm just going to be real with you," she closes her eyes nervously and her freckles are on full display, "I have a massive crush on your brother." I press my lips with my hand and start laughing even though my chuckles are muffled. Janice is like a hot babe, originally from Canada. She's so exotic and extremely hot. A pale, freckled, working-out babe like her can't go out with a dork like my brother. Ted's eighteen she's like seventeen but she's like already a PA. Well, she's making extra money for herself. Cole is actually also her manager and boss, which is weird but she wanted it to be like that. Janice is an indie singer, a very shy person. Blushes a lot but I think Ted would like her.
Slowly taking my hand off my mouth, I answer her with a smirk.
"Theodore Grey will flip out if he knew a babe like you has a crush on him." She blushes and looks away.
"I'm not a babe. I'm just a Canadian who wants some American approval," she mumbles. Such a cutie. I giggle and sit next to her, "Let's just go meet up with that Frederick guy and hopefully meet up with your crush, I don't know." I can't help but smirk as we exit my room. Then shirtless and morning looking Theodore walks out of his room. His copper long and messy hair in a mess. Gracious, I don't get why this girl has a crush on such a slob. Ted approaches me and throws his arm over my shoulder and kisses on top of my head, "Morning. Who's this gorgeous lady?" He looks at Janice and smiles. I think she melted inside, I can tell by the way she's blushing. Bright red.
"You had a wet dream. You never greet me like this in the morning and that's Janice, Cole's PA and pretty much mine as well but also a good friend," I struggle out of his awkward embrace and stand next to Janice. Ted scratches his chest and yawns, walks towards Janice and pulls her into the same embrace he just gave me. Kisses her on top of her head and mumbles, "Ask Bebe for my digits." Pats on her shoulder and walks off. I laugh, "What an ass."