Chapter 6

New morning and I'm excited to say that it's my first day of normal school. I take a brisk shower then I wear my favorite black body con dress that comes up to my knees, a black leather jacket with fringe on the bottom, black fishnet high knee socks and black combat boots. I curl my hair and apply eyeliner and dark red lipstick. I stare at myself at the mirror and compliment myself, "On fire, Grey!" And I'm ready to kick some scholar butt.
I rush back into my room and I quickly shove in the current book I'm reading by Carol Goodman, Incubus, and my nerd specs into my awesome new backpack, then there's a knock on my door.
"Come in," I said as I put my black matte Beats headphones into my backpack. I walk to my DJ table and I look for my memory stick that has all my mashups and remixes of my favorite songs.
"Whoa! Rose looks smoking hot today," Ted says. I face him with a smirk on my lips and walk to my backpack.
I slip the stick into my bag and throw it over my shoulders, "First impressions are always important, Teddy." I quote what Jack said a few days ago.
He chuckles, "Whatever. Mom and Mrs Jones are out and dad left early. I've been assisted to take you to Starbucks 'fore heading to your new school." Omg! Just what I need! A well deserved caramel milkshake and a thick juicy doughnut  will do!
"Thank God for creating you," I smile and walk closer to him. He steps out of the door way allowing me to close the door, "Car or motorcycle?"
"Car. Dad gave Taylor the day off, giving us access to drive the SUV." Ted celebrates. I roll my eyes.

We arrive at the parking lot of the school and I'm suddenly nervous. I take a deep breath as I see the teens walking and talking around the school entrance. Questions start to fill up my mind; are they gonna like me? Are they going to think that I'm a snob?
This is just freaking me out.
Ted squeezes my shoulder, "Hey. Don't worry. You're going to be okay, alright?" I sigh and my attention is at him. I look into my brother's blue eyes.
"I hope so." I shrug and step out of the car and say my goodbyes to Ted. He drives away and I'm left alone. I look up at the large school.
"Man..." I sigh and walk in confidently, not looking back or at anyone. With a positive attitude, I find the locker they have assigned me to.
"Locker A375." I try to open it but all the fidgeting won't let it swing open. Irritation just starts to flow in my blood.
"Whoa whoa whoa! Take it easy, I've got it." A good looking nerd opens the locker with one lucky try. One try!
"These things are quite old," he smiles shyly. I grin as I quickly put my textbooks into the locker.
"The name is Ross...Ross Jenkins," he introduces himself to me. I smile and close my locker. I turn to face him and I shake his hand, "Phoebe Grey but call me Bebe."
His eyes widen after I tell him my last name, "As in Christian Grey's daughter?"
"One and hopefully only." I roll my eyes and smirk. I should be grateful.
"Wow! I'm your dad's biggest fan. All of his successes inspire me to work hard in business studies," he spoke with excitement in his tone. I look up at Ross, he's a pretty tall and cute nerd. Ripped denim jeans, a black t-shirt and a red and black plaid shirt tied around his waist and his specs that make him look more hot...I mean cute. Did I mention that his got a man bun?
"Okay, my dad is pretty successful. I'm also successful but I just keep it a secret," I smirk. The bell rings and I frown.
"First subject, which class are you heading to?" Ross asks with his hand on my waist. Man, he's already touching me. I look at my timetable and back into his blue eyes, "Heading to Geography."
He chuckles, "Well, hello classmate. Let's go."
I smile and follow him submissively.

"SEE YOU TOMORROW?" Ross says with his shy smile. His shyness is incredibly cute but I'd like to know him a little more.
I straighten my shoulders and speak with complete bravery, "We can chill for some coffee or something," I shrug and grimace innocently.
He looks shocked that I asked him this. It's usually a guy who does all the 'chill out' things, you know?
His pale cheeks turn a rosy color and he speaks shyly , "Starbucks or your place?"
I remembered that my brother doesn't have school and his home all day and bringing a boy home would be a bad idea. He's so overprotective just like my controlling father.
I roll my eyes but quickly smile, trying not to seem uninterested, "Starbucks." I stand on the tip of my toes and peck his cheek, I tug his hand and pull him towards the school parking lot.

We walk to Starbucks, with a conversation on our lips about my musical success. Weird enough, he has been to one of my gig events and he was apparently wasted. The thought is funny and cute. Heck, Ross the nerd is hella cute.
We arrive at Starbucks and as we walk to the cashier, I find my mom collecting her order. I gasp and turn around nervously and my face warms up with embarrassment. Unfortunately, Ross sees my awkward reaction.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He frowns. Wow, even when he frowns, his still cute. Perfection!
"Um...nothing...just saw something I wasn't suppose to see," I stutter. He smiles indicating that he knows something is up. Ross takes my hand and raises it closer to his lips. I gasp and blush as I feel butterflies roaming in my stomach. He kisses each knuckle and my breath is caught up in the romantic moment. Once he's done kissing my knuckles, he entwines his fingers with mine and squeezes my hand gently. Lord, from shy to incredibly confident. I smile as we walk closer to the cashier.
"Phoebe?" I hear my mom call. Shit. I let go of Ross' hand and I turn on my heel to face my mom. A fake smile plastered on my lips, "Mom." I walk closer to her and hug her.
"Did you wear that to school? That's showing a lot of skin..." She inspects me.
"Yeah yeah." I roll my eyes.
"Bebe, what would you like?" Ross asks and I already know my mom is curious. I bite my lip and look at her.
"And is that your new friend?" She asks with her brow raised to the heavens. Ah fuck.
"Caramel mocha latte," I answer him. He turns and continues ordering our stuff.
"He's pretty hot for a nerd," she smirks, "Invite him over." What the hell? I gape at her and she's already heading out of the famous cafe. Her permission is important but the head of house might as well hate on my new friend.
What am I going to do...