Chapter 13

"THAT'S MY CUE," I said as Ross stops his car. We give each other the most awkwardest looks but we end up laughing. "And that's my girlfriend everybody," Ross says proudly. I smile shyly. He leans in for a kiss, instead I bite his lip gently but I peck his lips a couple of times.
"Bye baby," I whisper. He caresses my cheek and kisses my nose.
"Farewell my beauty."
I exit his car wearing his blazer, my clutch in one hand and my heels in the other. I walk inside of the elevator with the most goofiest smile tugging on each corner of my lips. The elevator doors open and I exit the elevator and I'm stopped by my furious dad. I frown as I study his negative attitude.
"Morning dad..." I said awkwardly. He bites his back teeth, flexing his back jaw muscles. "I know I cut your curfew but I didn't say you can come home at this time of the morning. Eleven thirty in the morning! Phoebe, you just earned yourself a whole month of being grounded," he growls at me and storms off. WHAT! I have a fucking gig in two weeks but I'm grounded? Bullshit! Oh God, what the hell am I going to do?
I take a few steps forward and I throw my head back as I scream, "Mom!" Within minutes, she scurries out of nowhere. Wearing my dad's shirt and a pair of sweatpants. She looks embarrassed but that's not the point. Right now, it's a fucking Bebe moment! I just got grounded for no reason! Gah!
"What baby?" She walks towards me and takes my heels from me.
"Dad just grounded me for coming home late. That's so unfair! He shouldn't have cut my curfew...dumbass!" I scream and can feel my vein popping out from my neck.
"Okay, okay. Calm down...he's pissed off with something that happened at work."
"That doesn't mean I have to be punished because of that. Fucking bullocks!" I growl as I storm off to my room but walk back to my mom, "You're looking at Ross' new girlfriend." She smiles, making me smile as well and skip to my bedroom. It's pretty obvious that I didn't tell my mom or dad about the gig in Miami and it's pretty clear that I can't go. I can't just say no to the gig! I have to go an entertain those people. Plus, I've got to go through my mashups and make some new ones and I have to leave next week Wednesday with Karisma, Chey, Greg, Austin and Ross. By Thursday morning, I have to be in Miami. I need to leave early in order to have a little practice round of my music. Ted is coming on Friday 'cause his writing his final exam on Thursday. The whole festival starts on Friday and it ends on Monday morning. The rest of the week I'm obviously spending it with my friends and maybe my family. Ah shit, if only they'll agree to come with.

I take a warm brisk shower, washing the curls out of my hair. After my shower, I hair dry my hair and I leave it as frizzy as it usually is after a steamy shower. I wear high-waisted denim shorts, a flowy black crop top and matching black flops. When I exit my room whilst using my phone, I bump into Ted right in the hallway. Perfect timing to tell him my plan.
"How was the dance?" He asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes and ignore his question, "Dad grounded me for the whole month."
Ted frowns, "Isn't your gig in two weeks?" I widen my eyes and nod. "Fucking bullshit, right? But I have to head to Miami. It's a lot of money and I can't just say no to that amount of money plus there's a lot of people who are expecting me to come. Just imagine the disappointment when they say I can't go there because I had to postpone 'cause I'm grounded. That's nonsense on the realist level." He bites his lip and strokes his chin with his thumb, "So what are you going to do?" I lean back against the wall and smirk, "I'm going to leave without him knowing."
His blue eyes go large, "Whoa! This motherfucker named our dad will go all Grey on you! You crazy?" I giggle, "A tad but that's my only option. I'll put mom and dad's passes in an envelope and scribble down a little letter, telling them about the gig. They have to come or else they're missing out on seeing me doing my thing." He closes his eyes and raises his hands indicating me to slow down. "And who's going to give them that envelope?" I roll my eyes and poke his chest, "This tall dork called Theodore." Ted rakes his hair and shakes his head, "How much did you spend for the passes?"
"About ten grand. Costs a fucking fortune man." I shrug and pat his back, "So you gotta help out a fellow Grey. The different shade of Grey." I wink and walk out of the hallway, heading to my dad's office. I need some time in here; the wifi is really strong in here by the way.

Thirty minutes go by and I hear his footsteps coming towards the office. I curl my feet on the chair and I quickly face the wall so that the back of the chair is facing him.
"Get Ros on the phone. That'll be it Andrea. Thank you," he ends his call and I quickly put my earphones on, putting my music loud. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look up at my dad. I glare at him and look back at my phone. He takes out the earphones out of my ear, making me slap his leg.
"Don't do that!" I yell as I jump out of his chair. He rolls his eyes at me and I gasp in disgust. "You are so stupid for cutting my curfew. You even know what you're doing is so fucking unfair! Prick..." I roll my eyes and walk out of his office.
"Bebe!" I hear a very happy voice call. Uncle Lelliot is here! I sprint to the lounge and he's stands from the couch. I hug tightly and he twirls me around.
"You're so huge," he laughs and puts me back on the ground. I roll my eyes, "Guess what Christian did."
We sit down on the couch; I cross my legs. He shrugs.
"Last night was Fall Dance at school and he cut my curfew, so I obviously took advantage of the little gesture and came back home about an hour ago. Now he's all pissed off with work and grounds me 'cause I came in at like eleven. Stupid asshole," I roll my eyes. Speak of the devil, he comes in. "Thanks for the compliment, Bebe." Sadly, I don't feel bad for saying that. He greets uncle Lelliot and sits on the opposite couch.
"Oh shit, well I'm not acting all moody. Next time, tell me to bring tampons for you 'cause it feels like you're on your period." I raise my middle finger at him and continue surfing through my phone. Lelliot starts to laugh. My mom and Kate walk into the room with a wine bottle and four large wine glasses. Kate greets me and I wave carelessly.
"Ana, your child is full of shit. The way she just shut Christian is just amazing," he laughs. Mom sighs and looks at dad. I immediately start to fume up with anger and drop my phone on the couch.
"I changed after I got into that school but now you're starting to be such an ass about things and start to ground me for things I did that wasn't wrong at all. Then once I start to fight back, I'm the mean one? Utter bullshit, that's what this is. Grounding me for a month just for coming home from a dance with my BOYFRIEND, is utter bullocks. Ugh, you know how to kill someone's vibe," I look at Lelliot and pat his shoulder, "Do you know what's 'shit'? This man's being." I stand up, grab one of the wine glasses and smash it in front of my dad. I'm slowly regretting on getting him the pass. What a waste!