Chapter 27

The house party has finally begun; people dressed up in modern fashion, glow in the dark decoration, alcohol in all punch bowls and snacks just to feed the hungry kids. My friends are obviously here but I'm not really feeling it. So, I'm just chilling at the balcony, smoking my cigarettes. Having some alone time. The door opens and it's Austin.
"I was wondering where you were," he says smiling. He stands next to me and leans against the balcony. I smile back at him as I take another drag, "Just not feeling it. It's only 7 PM, it's quite early." He pulls out my cigarette box from the back pocket of my black leather pants. Takes a cigarette out and joins me.
"It might be the early stages of the party but make every second count, mate," he puffs out, telling me this in his Australian accent. I lean against the balcony with my back and continue smoking my cig. "Ross isn't here. Just doesn't feel the same when he isn't around."
"I know he wasn't down for the party but damn, I'm here. Greg is here and so are the girls," he plays with my hair and tosses the cig over the balcony. I smile and toss mine too. He hugs me and kisses my temple, "Promise me you'll enjoy, okay? Friends are awesome bro." He winks and walks back in. It's time to suck it up and have fun anyways. My outfit is so too smoking hot not to slay it on the dance floor. My sexy fitted leather black leather pants, a long sleeved blouse that has a low neckline that reveals my tiny cleavage, black strappy heels. My hair is in a curly mess, in fact I actually look like one smoking vampire.
I strut back in the penthouse and my favorite song is on. Hold Tight by Majid Jordan, perfect song for my mood. Everyone is swaying and dancing in the rhythm of the song. Singing along and drinking their booze. It's lit. I start dancing with Karisma and Cheyenne, they're both rocking black dresses and matching shoes. The night is young and everyone is having fun. Sometimes I wish life was just all about fun but in life, you need to make it fun.

Muscular but hairy arms wrap around my waist. I can't believe Ross is here! I'm so happy, I just start grinding against him and dancing to Light It Up by Major Lazer featuring Nyla and Fuse OGD. I whip my hair and rub his hands against my body. When I look at Karisma, her eyes are big and she looks shocked. Something seems odd. I turn to face Ross only to realize that I've been dancing with a hairy guy who's got a banging hot face.
"Thanks for the dance," I attempt to dash but he pulls me back by my waist. Trying to kiss me and grinding his body even more harder. I start screaming and yelling at him. No one is doing anything to help me out. Taking a deep breath, I slap him hard and kick him in his genitals. He screams in agony and drops on the ground. With the corner of my eye, I see Ross gaping at me. He walks towards the elevator and I run towards him. The elevator doors open and he walks in and before they close, I run inside before they finally close.
"Listen, I can explain--" I start to stutter.
"You're obviously having a lot of fun with that guy. I guess I shouldn't have come to the party," he scolds. I can feel my heart thumping and it's getting hard to breathe. Fuck...I'm getting anxious. "I thought it was you. Please don't go." I punch the emergency button and the elevator stops. Ross looks at me and he's eyes sting like South Coast fire. "I wouldn't even dance like that with you. You know that by now!" Why is he being so fucking difficult? I'm trying to explain that dance meant nothing, I popped that dickhead's nuts for fucksakes! "It just feels like you're becoming my biggest enemy now! Always finding the smallest thing just to make me feel bad!" I press the emergency button and the penthouse code. The elevator goes back up.
"What are you doing?" Ross asks in his husky voice. "You're going to enjoy that party and have fun with me."
We arrive back at the penthouse and we walk our separate and I guess enjoy the rest of the party even though the storm hasn't calmed between us.
Fuck! I'm not going to be in a sad mood, so drinks on me! Therefore, I'm going to get wasted!
There's a table with a whole lot of different booze. Alcohol heaven! I'm definitely diving in. Shots after shots, tequila mixed with vodka, Hennessy and Tennessee in my cup, my expensive black outfit is completely damp with beer. With a woozy stance and a collapse on my bed that has another drunk guy who looks hot, I'm drunk and I've blacked out sucker!

IT'S THE MORNING AFTER THE WILD PARTY and I am hungover like never before. My room is full of my friends, I was snuggling some hot stranger and yeah...the house is a mess.
Walking out of my room and into the lounge, the elevator doors open and I'm in deep shit. My heart drops and I turn around to face the balcony. Luckily, Ted is on the couch cuddling Janice so I'm off the hook...not really.
"What the absolute fuck was going on here?" Dad yells. He kicks a lot the red cups and empty bottles of his wine. Shucks, I forgot to lock the room! Mom walks in shocked and before she approaches me, she grabs the white paper on the desk that has some girl's thong on it.
She growls and throws it at me, "It's from Ross." I frown and open the letter and read it slowly, "Meet me at my place tonight. 7pm sharp."
I bite my lip and throw it on the ground and jump in freight when I hear my dad screaming like a complete maniac. Mom just rolls her eyes and follows him. Ted and I fistbump triumphantly and walk our separate ways.

After a large number of sweaty hours, cleaning the whole entire house, I have a quick shower and slip into black long sleeved turtle neck tucked into high waisted denim jeans with black timberlands and my hair tied up, I drive to Ross' place with my heart in my sleeve and my tears prepared if there's some sort of breakup.
I knock onto the door and he opens it slowly. His expression blank and he's not looking very happy with me. I walk into his place and notice that he's home alone. Nibbling my bottom lip, I look up at him and fiddle with my fingers, "Listen I--"
"Don't," he stops me. He grabs my hand and leads me to his room. We both sit on it and face each other. My prepared tears start rolling down as I say, "I think we need a break." I see his face loses its color and he's completely pale and blown away.
"You were pretty much going to say it. I might as well spare the heartbreak and be the one to step away," I wipe my tears and hope that he says he wants me more than anything. He opens his mouth slightly and says huskily, "I thought maybe we could talk about us losing each other's vcard but it seems like you're handing me the hall pass." He starts to choke up and I just fall apart. Dashing out of his room, his house and into my car...I cry. No hears my sob, just me...myself and I.