Chapter 12

"BEBE, ROSS IS HERE!" I hear my mom yell. I quickly wipe a little droplet of my sweat and grab my red leather clutch bag. Strutting out nervously down the hall, I see Ross. All polished up, no specs, classy black suede blazer, black ripped jeans, a white shirt and a red tie with white Converse shoes. He tied his blonde hair in a messy bun. Our eyes are locked and he mouths, "wow." I blush and walk towards him. My brother, mom and dad are standing in front of him, all eyes on me. I'm overwhelmed.
"Would it be a sin if I'd wanna take you on a date even though you're my sister?" Ted asks with the brightest smile. I shake my head, smiling back and we hug, "You look amazing." He whispers. I thank him and let go of him. Heading to my mom, she kisses my cheeks and hugs me, "Bebe is all grown up. You look like a bride who's leaving mommy for this handsome young man." I hear her cry. I squeeze her gently and hold back my tears before it ruins my makeup. Took me two hours to look this hot with makeup. Being girly for one specific night is hard work.
We let go of each other and I quickly wipe her tears as she laughs with tears sprawling down her cheeks. Walking towards my dad, his grinning and I'm blushing. This man knows how to piss me off but he can also make me shy. Asshole.
"Still a bit too revealing but you look beautiful." We hug briefly and once he lets me go, he walks towards Ross. Pats his shoulder and says, "Look after her 'cause I'm cutting her curfew for the night." I celebrate secretly but I keep my cool before everyone notices. Last but not least, I walk towards my incredibly hot date. Shit, he looks like a million dollars.
"I'm so lucky that you're my date," he offers his arm so that I can link mine with it. Once I link it, we head into the elevator and I wave to my family. My parents wave back and Ted raises his middle finger.

"OH. MY. GOD!" Karisma and Cheyenne scream as they come running towards me. We group hug. Cheyenne is wearing a sweetheart short red dress that has a nice flow and Karisma is wearing the lavender dress that is the same design as mine but it has no open slit at the bottom and the neckline is not as low as mine and it has long sleeves.
The night might be really awesome!

WITHIN AN HOUR OF THE DANCE, there's a lot of people dancing on the dance floor. Since I'm a tad anti-social, I decide to isolate myself from the dance floor and let the others dance the night away. Right now, I'm having fun just by sitting at the table and having a nice lemonade punch. Downing the last few drops of the punch, I see Ross walking towards the DJ table. To be honest, I wanted to spin a few tracks and let everyone groove to my beats. I see him whisper something to the current DJ and leaving with a smirk tugging on his lips.
The DJ taps on the microphone, asking for our attention. "Is everyone having a good time? Maybe everyone will be twerking once this newbie comes with her fire-cracking skills...give it up for Bebe Disk!" He yells. I can't believe Ross did this, I don't have my memory stick! Breathing in air through my nose and exhaling the air out of my mouth, I walk to the desk. Everyone cheers me on as I take the headsets and put them over my head. I look at the laptop and look through all the songs. It's a decent selection, so I start out playing Tsunami by DVBBS featuring Tinie Tempah. People start to tap their feet and move slowly to the beats. As the song goes into the middle of the song, I mash Unbreakable by Dirty South. The crowd start to move violently in rhythm with the music. I smile as I look deeply into the crowd and see Ross smiling at me. Swaying my hips slightly, I mash in a few songs by Martin Garrix, Hardwell and The Chainsmokers. In a matter of minutes, I have the whole crowd jumping and dancing wildly. Girls whipping their hair, guys smiling and jumping, there's even moonwalking.
After forty-five minutes on the decks, I step down and my mood is pumping. Walking towards me, Ross is smiling like a proud dad. The DJ plays Her by Majid Jordan, one of my favorite love songs. He pulls me closer, a bit to close where my chest is touching his. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. We sway slowly to the song with the biggest smiles on our faces.
He whispers, "I'm so glad that I did that." I cackle and say softly, "I'm glad too."
"Seeing you have fun with something you're passionate about is such a moment to capture."
I close my eyes and grimace, "It's not just something, DJing completes me. Without it, who knows where'd I'd be today." Mashing up music does play a great role in my life. It calms me and tames my wild emotions. I know for a fact that I would've been in jail if I wasn't introduced to music.
Ross kisses me on the spot in between my eyebrows where it makes a 'v' when I'm usually overthinking things. I hear him sing my favorite love song fluently. Like the song is his. He's a singer, a very good one indeed.
In the middle of the song, he stops singing and says, "Let's hit the town. Right now till dawn." My eyes flew open and I look at him with widen eyes. He chuckles and nods, "I'm crazy. I know. Let's just go and spend time together." I bite my lip and look to the side. The idea is bogus but sounds very goofy-romantic. We both agree to do so and we exit the dance floor, hand-in-hand.
We sit silent in his car. An awkward silence between us. I slip off my shoes and take the bob pins out of my hair. He drives out of the school and into the driveway that leads to the nearest grocery store.
When Ross opens the door for me, a strong cold wind hits my skin that rises all the hairs on my body. I make a motorboat motion with my lips indicating that it's cold. Once I step out of the car, Ross take his blazer off and I immediately refuse to wear it.
"No, I insist. You're my lady for the next few hours." He says smoothly. I blink and he smirks as he puts his blazer on my shoulders. Slipping my arms in the arms of the jacket and holding his hand, we walk inside the grocery store.
Ross takes a small cart and we start picking out snacks that is suit for a picnic. We step into the soda section and my instincts immediately screams out, "spin like an idiot," and I do so. My hair and dress are twirling around and I sense Ross' eyes are on me. And they are. His smiling like an idiot and I start blushing. There's an older couple that's smiling at us as well. This is such an awkward moment yet an amazing one. I open the refrigerator and pull out a big bottle of cola. He slips his arm around my waist as I put the bottle in the cart. We walk to the tills and wait to the cue, hand-in-hand, like a married couple.
After paying, we head back into the car and drive to an open field just thirty minutes out of Seattle. We're still inside the car with the same awkward silence but there's weird smiles on our lips. Ross slaps my knee and rubs it. "Okay, let's head out and set up."

A few blankets are set, there's a little torch in the middle as well as the snacks we just purchased. This must be the most romantic makeshift date. It's very special that I'm being treated this way. We lay and stargaze whilst chewing on gummy worms and sour worms. It is a bit chilly but I'm so lucky that I'll be sleeping his large warm arms.
"You have a hair tie?" He asks with a mouthful of candy. I sigh loudly and reply with disappointment, "It snapped while I was on the decks." He growls and sits up. I look at him as he takes his hair tie out. I frown as he instructs me to sit up and face the other way. Feeling his hands in my hair is weird but soothing. He ties my hair in a neat bun. We lay down in the same position.
"I think it's the perfect time to say this," he added. I close my eyes and breathe, "Say what?"
"Ask you to be my girlfriend? I've been waiting to say this for a few months now and since you mentioned that you'd like to hit it off soon, I thought right now is the perfect time to," he giggles. Smiling, I stroke his chest as it rises and falls, I answer him, "Promise me one thing."
"What is that one thing promise?"
"We should have moments like this often." I giggle.
"I promise." He adds. Minutes later, I doze off and I'm asleep.
This has to be the best way to end my first school dance.