Chapter 15

By the time I wake up, I already hear loud laughing. I stretch out my clenched muscles and yawn as I get up from my temporary bed. The bedroom door opens and makes me jump and I automatically hide my chest. I remember taking off my bikini before taking the longest nap.
I expose my chest purposely after seeing that it's only Ross. We haven't had sex or anything but I think he's okay with seeing my boobs. I wear my bikini and fix my hair.
"Glad you're up 'cause we're heading to the beach. There's a late night beach party! Wanna come?" He says excitedly as he holds my hands. I shrug and nod, "Sure." I stand on the tip of my toes and peck his lips. My tired mind is back on the fact that Ted might be giving my parents the envelope I gave him. My dad should support me. He has to. If he doesn't then...I don't know. I'll be fine with the fact that he hates my current career. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be fuming! I'll most probably have him by the balcony at our home! It would be utter bullshit...bullocks!
Ross flicks in between my eyebrows, taking my mind off my deep thoughts, "Hey. What's going on in that beautiful mind?" I blink several times and look into his eyes with a half bitten lip, "Sorry. Just thinking about Ted. Right now, he must be shitting his pants while explaining why I'm in Miami without my parents knowing." Ross wraps his arms around my shoulders and kisses my forehead, "Your dad will support you. He co-birthed you, so he needs to be proud of you." Wrapping my arms around his waist, I sigh. "Let's get wasted. I know we're supposed to be twenty-one but fuck that, I'm famous and everyone in this country should at least know me." I add with a sly smirk. Ross laughs and let's go of me. I walk towards the wardrobe with a smile and start browsing for an outfit.
I take out a black, white and silver combined Triangle bikini with a black kimono cardigan that has white detailing, white low-cut Converse sneakers and a black Yankees baseball cap that I'm planning to wear backwards.
When I'm done wearing the clothing items, I exit the room and my phone rings. My heart leaps into my throat as I look on the screen. I show it to Ross and he mouths, "now or never." I answer the call and sigh. "I can't believe you broke the rules and left the house without telling me! How could you just leave for a fucking senseless gig? Phoebe, you are so stupid to think that I'll ever support this utter bullshit you call your damn career! You can't be a fucking DJ till you die!" Dad yells at me through the phone. I silently start to cry, letting my tears stain my face. I sniff and finally answer, "This was the only way I could escape suicide." He starts to yell and I end the call immediately. I look at Ross with my eyes filled with tears. He looks shocked and he walks towards me and pulls me into an embrace and I start balling my eyes out. All Ross can do is convince me that I'm doing what I love doing and that I'm not making a mistake. He wipes my tears and kisses me whilst he comforts me with his words. People like him make me realize that I have to be grateful. All the support my friends, fans and not entirely my whole family is an actual blessing.

Once I've calmed down, we exit the room and exit the hotel as friends. I'm still hurt that my father is treating me like I'm some sort of piece of shit. In order for me to move on is to take this as motivation. Make more mashups for the broken hearted souls who pay two-hundred-dollars just for a show. I'm not just an independent DJ, I'm the people's entertainment, reason of having fun and reason of letting go.

We arrive at the beach and there's fit tanned bodies dancing and drinking. Having fun while the night is young. I'm sitting on one of the beach chairs and sipping on a Strawberry Daiquiri. It's my third one. I don't want to have a hangover before the show but right now I need to let go. Forget about my damn father. I just hope Ted comes, maybe my mom too. They're the only ones who support me hundred percent.
I order another Daiquiri and I'm feeling a bit woozy. Ross might be somewhere with the squad but I think I can manage to find them and have fun. I finish the daiquiri and down two tequila shots. I'm finally drunk for the first time in a couple of months. I hobble towards the crowd and join them with my wild dancing as the beats of David Guetta's, Bad featuring Showtek. I find myself crying and dancing with a smile. My mind is somewhere else and I'm not overthinking negative things. All I need is just to be set free and dancing might as well be the key.
Within thirty minutes, my eyes feel heavy and my dancing turns into a wobbling stance. I look around and Ross or any of my other friends are nowhere to be found. My feet attempt to hobble towards the beach chair I was on earlier on but I fail halfway and collapse on the thick beach sand. My happiness turns into depression and I start to cry continuously until I pass out. Everything goes black and I'm out.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT HER THE DAIQUIRI, you know she's got a drinking problem," I hear a voice talk over me. It sounds like...Cheyenne's voice. Kinda sounds like she's crying. Fuck, I hope it's not Friday yet. My gig stars at five-thirty and by five I have to be there already. With every strength in my eyelids, I struggle my eyes open and I manage to suppress a moan. The room is full with people, mostly my friends and what looks like...is that him? My anxiety starts to kick in and there's thousands of words streaming and roaming in my mind. I feel my face heating up and my breathing has stopped. I see the sudden panic in everyone's eyes. Tears start to slowly stream out of my eyes as I whisper, "You're the reason why I'm here." After struggling to say that, I drop back onto my pillow and pass out again.

"HER ANXIETY LEVELS ARE INCREDIBLY HIGH, just try to stop provoking her or she'll have another attack. She has inhaled a lot of sand on Thursday evening and every time she reacts drastically to, she'll have an asthma attack...which is very bad for her system and hypertension," a friendly unfamiliar voice says. Another voice answers and that voice sounds like Cole. I'm happy he's here to be honest. At least he can delay my gig for today. I am bummed that I can't make it...maybe I can.
I open my eyes slowly and Cole smiles at me. At least his not chewing head off with his raging anger. I sit up and scan the room. Karisma, Cheyenne, Austin and Greg are here. I frown when I don't see Ross. I hold my neck and struggle out a few words as my anxiety slowly starts to kick in, "Where is he?" I feel a gentle squeeze on my knee, coming from Cole, "Outside with daddy Grey." With no hesitation, I immediately rise from my bed and pull everything that was plugged in me. I open the hospital door with my anger just raging and heating my whole body. I see them having a conversation, which looks very civil. Actually pisses me off. I storm towards them and their attention is on me. There's a smile on Ross' face but a frown takes over his smile. I launch towards my father but I'm stopped my Ross, who picks me up onto his shoulder. I kick and squeal as I yell out soundless words, "You did this! You ruined my career!" Dad gapes in shock and I had enough. Ross will forgive me later. I bite his shoulder and he screams as he puts me on the ground. I sprint towards my dad and successfully launch at him. We dropped to the ground as I pin him. My hands wrapped around his neck, strangling him. He squeezes my forearms, begging for air. I'm crying, allowing my tears to drip on his face. I let go of his neck and collapse on top of his chest.