Chapter 10

Seattle hits fall with the biggest bombshell, leaving us it's only citizens to start purchasing awesome Fall clothes. My school is hosting a 'Fall Dance' later on this month and I'm obviously overthinking about what I'm going to wear, if Ross is going ask me to be his date, will my mom or dad allow me to skip curfew and hangout in a hotel room with Ross...those questions just keep on rewinding in my head countless and countless of times.
Other than that, I've been passing all my semesters with straight A's and I'm really proud of myself. Overthinking might bring me down sometimes but at least I'm passing my grade. I've got new friends at school, just a few. Karisma; an auburn bisexual beauty with bright green eyes and a touch of freckles, Cheyenne; a beach blonde with hazel eyes and tanned skin, Gregory; Ross' best mate, bright blue eyes, nice body and dark brown hair and pale skin and lastly Austin; a fawn jock who plays football and isn't much of a thinker but he has a great personality, also has freckles but his got nice dark skin and some tattoos.

One chilly morning, I wake up with a buzz about what's about to happened at school. It's the eve before the Dance and Ross still hasn't asked me to be his date. Fortunately, his got an opportunity to ask me during the Prep Rally that's happening during school hours.
After my long shower, I pick out denim ripped skinny jeans, black Vans loafers and a large black sweater (one of my favorites) written 'Normal People Scare Me'.
I'm not really in the mood to style my hair so I rock the original pulled-back ponytail with little lose strands of my hair hanging. I apply a touch of light makeup; pale blush, nude lipgloss and mascara and I cover my eyes with my nerdy specs.
Heading to the breakfast bar, I see a pile of envelops on the counter. I remember that I've ordered nine backstage passes for myself, my friends and family. I've got a gig in Miami that's happening in a few weeks from now and I haven't told my parents about it. Hopefully nothing bad happens before I tell them about the gig. All my friends, including Ted knows about it and they seem to be pumped to see me do my stuff. I did invite Reese but she got herself and her boyfriend, Brogan, tickets.
Whilst searching through the envelopes, Ted walks in, shirtless and with his sweatpants on. Messy dark brown hair and dark rings around his eyes. He walks passed me and heads for the box of cereal. He opens it and starts snacking out it.
"Morning," he yawns. I giggle and greet him back. Finally, I find the backstage passes and I'm super relieved no one opened it. I rip the large envelope open and take out all the backstage passes. I immediately start counting them.
"Six...seven...eight and nine. All backstage passes ready for you." I stretch out my hand, waiting for Ted to take it. He takes it with the biggest smile on his face but that smile dies for some unknown reason. He better not bail on me, that shit cost me a lot of money. Ted puts the pass around his neck and he looks at it, "Did you tell mom and dad about it?" Nibbling my lip, I quickly slip the rest of the passes in my backpack.
"Um...not really but I might as well break it out to them later on this evening. Coming home late because I'm heading to the mall with the girls to check out dresses for the dance," I roll my eyes as I swing my backpack over my shoulders, "How fun." Before exiting the breakfast bar, I take a banana, an apple, a packet of nuts and a bottle of spring water, I quickly kiss Ted's cheek.
"Bye brat." He says as I leave him all alone in the kitchen. I walk inside dad's office and pickup the office phone and dial Taylor's digits.
"Yes, Mr Grey," he answers his phone after two rings.
"It's Phoebe. I'm ready to go to school."
"I'll be waiting for you downstairs, Bebe." I smile as he calls me by my nickname and end the call and as I was about to exit dad's office, the owner of the office stops me. His wearing a nice white shirt, denim jeans and his barefoot. To be honest, my dad is quite a looker for his age. He could be a model or something, not a businessman.
"Where you heading early in the morning," he asks as he starts to pace towards his desk.
"School. Have to arrive early cause there's a Prep Rally and classes are starting early," I skip towards him and save my announcement for later as I kiss his cheek. Prancing out of his office I yell out, "Bye dad."

Minutes later, I'm at school and I've already eaten my quick breakfast. Just a quick gulp of spring water to wash all down.
"Bye Taylor, have a good one," I said as I exit the Audi SUV.
"Likewise, Bebe." He drives off right after I close the back door. Jogging inside the school, I take a quick walk to my locker and start rerunning through my schedule for the day.
"Math, Geo, Physics, Calculus and--"
I'm interrupted by a sweet yet deep feminine voice.
"Well someone is all prepped up for the Rally," right away, I can identify Cheyenne's voice. I roll my eyes and smile at her sarcasm. She's wearing a gray long-sleeved black dress that goes above her knee, a red scarf, stockings that match her skin, fluffy white and a tint of black socks that are pushed out by her brown combat boots. Her hair is all curled up and she's wearing a little bit of makeup.
"I'm just in a hurry, plus I'm still overthinking things about Ross. Should I be worried that his going to ask me out to the dance or should I just go and have a good time with you guys...oh which reminds me," I quickly take out a pass from my backpack and hand it to her. She smiles and puts it I'm her satchel.
"Thanks and don't worry about it. Just remember, the goof is all about you...no one else and even if he doesn't ask you, just get your ass to the dance and dance your heart away with your friends." And little Miss Shrink is right once again. We head inside to Math class and I thank her for her reassurance by giving her a quick hug before we take out seats.

By the time it's recess, the whole school heads to the football field and all is seated on each pavilion. I'm seated in the middle of Gregory and Cheyenne. The rest of the group is missing because they're part of the whole Rally.
Greg rolls his eyes as he takes a large gulp of his vitamin water. His little reaction worries me but I grin and elbow him gently. His eyes scowl at me but then he smiles.
"What gives?" I ask as I munch on a huge steamy hot nacho. His smile dies and he licks his lips, "I'm still bummed that my mom sold my motorcycle 'cause of the minor accident I had the other day. That Kawosaki was my everything." I rake his hair gently and I manage to fix it a little, "You'll be alright man. All you gotta think about is how you're going to turn-up at my gig in Miami." Greg smiles and pecks my forehead, "Yeah. Maybe."
The Rally begins but before all the cheerleaders start with their slutty dancing, I see Ross holding a large bouquet of roses and a teddy bear in his other hand. My cheeks start to warm up and I quickly hide my face as I start to smile from ear-to-ear.
"Looks like someone has a date for tomorrow night," Chey smirks at me but I clearly can't see it but I obviously can sense it. Ross clears his throat and he starts to speak, "Before we start, I'm obviously going to start out with asking my beloved FWB to come out here and make me the happiest guy in this school," I slowly take each of my hands off my face and look at the beautiful blonde hunk that's standing there with flowers, "Now Phoebe, come on down here." Everyone starts to cheer me on and shyly, I hold my nachos and head down the pavilion and onto the football field. I stand facing Ross with my biggest smile of the year, plastered on my face. He smiles at my reaction, "Phoebe Rose Grey, would you please be my date to the dance?" I immediately nod and shove a nacho in his mouth. He starts to chew and I say "yes" on the little microphone that's tapped around his face. Everyone starts to chant, "Kiss!" With no further or due, after he swallows, he puts the flowers and teddy down and he kisses me in front of the whole school.

Best Prep Rally, ever!