Chapter 7

We walk out Starbucks and I'm feeling nauseous with my nervous conscious. I bite my lip and turn to the gorgeous nerd who's drinking his Chocolate frappe.
"Um, wanna head to my place and go through our homework?" I ask nervously. He smiles and pulls me closer...a bit to close.
"Will daddy bear mind?" He asks. His voice is soft but so damn husky. What the fucking hell is he doing to me? I'm in trance of his charms.
I swallow and I look at him with widened eyes, "My mom said it's cool and my dad is working late. It would be just us and my brother..." My voice fades away.
"I can't. Got a meeting with the IT students," he whispers and pulls me closer again, so that our bodies bump. I gasp.
"So, this will be our farewell but this farewell is not going to be boring at all." He bites his lip as he look at mine. And I officially melt...not literally.
"What do you mean?" I ask. He doesn't answer my question, instead he answers it by kissing my lips softly. I close my eyes and respond to his sweet gesture. Ross concludes our kiss with a nibble on my bottom lip. We break the kiss in unison and my cheeks are as warm as winter's fire.
"You make me tremble," I state without thinking. He chuckles and gives my hand a squeeze.
"Tomorrow?" He pecks my nose. I nod. He walks away and I'm left there, breathless. I take a welcoming breath and I'm back in Seattle.

I WALK OUT OF THE ELEVATOR, HOURS AFTER THE MEETING I had with Ross. I already see my father's temper, just with his gray eyes. He looks angry as hell. Maybe, I should've told them that I went to Reese's house. I bite my lip and walk to the kitchen.
"Evening," I say a bit too softly. My mom smiles, my dad glares at her and Ted is doing the same as my mom. He mouths at me, "welcome to hell."
"Where the hell were you! It's eight pm in the evening!" My dad yells at me for the first time in a month.
"Reese's house." I whisper.
"God! Elliot should at least tell me you were at his house!" He storms out of the kitchen and I'm left there trying my best not to laugh. Luckily, my mom is taking my side and she bursts out in laughter. I frown as Ted joins her.
"You know I might be grounded, right?" I drop my backpack on the ground and throw myself on the couch Ted is sitting on. I rest my legs on his lap and he puts his laptop on them.
"Don't come home late next time. Do you know how hard it is to calm that man down?" Mom smiles and walks to his office. Ted snakes one of his fingers through my fishnet socks.
"Who's attention did you steal?" He asks with a brow raised.
"Ross the motherfucking sexy nerd. That boy is smoking hot! Like damn! We went to Starbucks and awkward enough, mom was there with loads of doughnuts. I was legit embarrassed but she obviously knew I was chilling with him. She left and then I was left alone with him. I offered to come home with him but I knew you would freak out like dad would. Agh, like father like son. Anyways! When we left Starbucks, we kissed. Fuck, that boy can kiss! I felt like fainting! So then I called a cab and went to Reese's house." Ted frowns making me bite my lip with guilt. I end up giggling at his reaction.
"Night dimwit," I play with his hair and walk to my room. My phone rings and it's the same number Jack called me with. After all that's happened with Ross, I don't know if I should still talk to him. Hmm, but I have a feeling that if I ignore Jack, he'll hurt my family and I don't want that.
I answer the phone call, "Hello."
I sense that his smirking through the phone and my cheeks automatically turn into a rosy color, "Phoebe, how've you been?" I close my bedroom door and I put him on loud speaker as I start to strip out of my clothes, "I'm pumped. Today was my first day at normal school and I've got a new friend."
"Oh, I'm glad you're pumped. Who's this new friend of yours?" He asks. I'm to nervous to reply so there's a long pause.
"Uh...I forgot her name. She's a pretty girl. Very nice." I lie and bite my lip. I carry my phone with my into my walk-in closet and I take out my black sweatpants and a black Nike sports bra.
"I hope you guys get alone just well." He replies.
"Yeah, we will. Can't wait to see you tomorrow," I smile as I wear the clothing items I took out. Brush out the curls and tie it all in a bun, I'm finally ready to eat dinner.
"I've got a surprise for you," Jack says with a little excitement in his voice. I frown and look at my phone screen. Surprise?
"Oh? What did I do to deserve a gift from you?"
"Nothing much. I just want to surprise your young soul." He chuckles though the phone, "Gotta go sweetness, see ya tomorrow." He hangs up and I slip my feet in secret socks and I wear black and white Nike Roshe. Mom calls my name and I already know dinner's ready.

TODAY IS TUESDAY and after school I'm visiting Jack. After my brisk shower, I slip on my 90's red and black plaid skirt with a black lace bra top, low-cut black Doc Martens and a black leather jacket Reese bought. I braid two lines on my hair, I apply eyeliner and dark red lipstick.
My bedroom door cracks open while I'm busy packing my bag.
"Phoebe," mom calls. I look at her and smile.
"Yeah mom?" I throw my backpack on my back and I walk towards her. She holds my hands, "Tomorrow is your father's birthday, please come home early today." Ah nuggets! Why today?
I frown, "But mom, I've got somewhere to be at after school."
"Where?"
I have to lie. I can't blow my cover, "Ross asked me out on a proper date."
She smile,"Blood is thicker than water but you bring him over and let him meet the family." Wait, what? I gape at her as she leaves. What am I going to do!