Chapter 20: It's Not Just Us Anymore

Randy's POV: (Really Short!!)

I flashed through the forest, looking for the willow grove again. My heart beat was on high and my spirit soared like an eagle in the sky. My red scarf flapped in the wind behind me, giving me that super hero look. Sliding into the grove, I found the stream. "Blue, what's your 20?" I called in the earpiece.
"A mile away. She's here," Blue said quietly. I nodded and ran to the open spot in the willow trees. Please, be ok! 

Y/N's POV: (Reasonably Short!!)

I was still scared. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide. I needed Kai! "G-g-get away!" I said, shaking Blue off and stumbling to my feet. What was the fastest route out of here? I couldn't think with Blue standing there. She walked over to me, her eyes welcoming. 
"Y/N. We're here to help you. Why are you afraid?" She asked, quietly. I backed up, my arms and legs feeling uncontrollably shaky. I blinked many times, then shook my head like a wild animal. I was going to kill myself if I didn't calm down now. I sank to my knees, squeezing my eyes shut. I wanted the darkness. 
"Y/N," Blue said again. "Why are you running? Why are you afraid?" The words meant nothing now. They were all just words that could mean everything, or could mean nothing. I opened my eyes and saw the sunlight and the colors around me getting dimmer and dimmer. "Blue? What's...?" The last thing I think I remember was Blue running to me before blacking out. 

Randy's POV: 

I walked up on Blue as she sat there at the foot of a willow tree. She glanced up at me quickly, before realizing it was me. She nodded behind her. "She's fine. Just got overly confused or... something," she said quietly. 
"Where are the others?" I asked. 
"On their-" 
"Here!" Sakira said quickly jumping through the leaves. Blue jumped up and shushed her angrily. Reaper followed along with Carrisa. 
"Y/N blacked out. So, please! If you want her to run away, be my guest and wake her up," Blue said, her eyes blazing with anger. We all looked at each other with surprised expressions. Blue took in a deep breath and moved aside to show Y/N curled up in a patch of sunlight, her head resting on a swirled tree root. 
"Masks off," I said commandingly. They hesitated for a moment before doing as I said. I took mine off and sat down next to Y/N. "We'll wait until she wakes up." They rest nodded and took the opportunity to rest. I was so tired. I stared at Y/N. She was ok. She was fine. But something about her seemed... cold. I let my eyes get heavy and I plummeted into sleep with a sense of happiness. 

Y/N's POV: 

Seconds after I had blacked out, I opened my eyes. And there it was. My hand was being held. I sighed, thinking that this was a dream or an illusion of some sort. I stared at the sight like it was something I had never seen before. I was tired. But soon, reality caught up with me and I looked to the person that owned the hand I held. A boy with dark purple hair and a face I knew, but couldn't match to names. 
Randy? I sat up slowly and saw the others lying around, asleep. I saw the white wooded bow behind me and picked it up carefully. 
I started to leave when my heart told me that I needed to show them the way back. I sighed. "You're completely crazy, Y/N," I whispered to myself. I grabbed an arrow and etched some words into the sleek wood. Then I left, bow and arrows in hand. The fear I had felt had been scared away and I wanted them to find me. But... not this way. I needed to have some time to become braver, to be stronger. I needed to talk to Kai. I needed his opinion in this. Maybe he could help me see the solution in this problem. 

- An Hour And A Half Later- 

I had ran all the way back to Kai's home, a smile on my face. I entered the door with a slam. "Kai! I have a question for you," I said walking to the living room. Kai was sitting there with Aspen next to him. I walked in front of him, seeing Aspen was asleep. Good..., I thought. "Hey, your back. Bring anything back?" Kai said quietly, leading me up to the top room, where I had first appeared.
"Ok, I'm going to try and start at the beginning. Just... try not to flip out. Ok?" I said, sitting on the bed. He sat beside me, listening to my every word with a new expression. I told him about the Ninjas and how they chased me through the grove. I told him how I had seen Randy. 
"Randy's... the one you missed?" Kai asked nervously. I nodded. 
"I just can't believe they came back for me...," I sighed, flopping onto the bed on my back. I stared at the ceiling, the darkness nearly covering it. I blinked, silence covering us. 
"Y/N, there's... there's something I've been meaning to tell you...," Kai finally said, breaking the silence. I sat up and looked my friend in the eyes. He stared at me for a little bit, almost as if not sure of what to say. "I... I just... I'm... Ugh! How can I say this?" He looked away in frustration. I blinked a few times at him, confusion flickering like a light in my face. He turned back to me and I could see the deepness in his eyes of how he wanted to tell me something so badly, but just couldn't say it with words. "I will protect you and the Ninjas no matter what, as long as I live. I promise," he finally said. I stared at him, unsure of what to do. 
"I really, really want to be there with you, wherever you go, I'll go. Whenever you need me, I'll be here. These past couple of days have been... more than anything I've been through with anyone! Please, can I come with you?" he asked. The hurt that filled his eyes was a whole different hurt that I've ever felt for anyone. It wasn't like the hurt I had felt for Randy when he was in pain. It was... more emotional. More connected. I had never met someone like Kai before. He was smart, fun, serious at times, and always wanted the best for who he cared about. I swallowed and nodded. "But on one condition," I said. "You tell me where your family is." Kai took in a deep breath and I saw the reflecting tears fill his eyes as we started our journey into his history.

Randy's POV: 

"How could she have left!?" Blue said angrily. She paced around the clearing, saying some words that I couldn't hear over my thoughts of where she could have gone. I stared at where she had slept right next to me. I remembered the feeling of her hand in mine. 
I glanced up and saw an arrow on the ground. I walked over carefully, picking it up. I saw engraved in the white wood, words appeared. I gasped and ran back to the others. "Guys! Check this out!" I yelled, waving the arrow around. They all looked at me, excitement in their eyes. I showed them the arrow, finding that the letters meant something. 
"In the forest of aspens will you find me. To the North of town, but to the West of the mountains, and South of the desert. With all your hope, with all of your strength, you will find me there. Good luck, and stay safe," I read allowed. We all were silent in the glare of the setting sun. We stood there, a circle of friends, a family. 
"Reaper, call the others. They need to hear this," I said. Reaper nodded and I looked up at the pale blue sky, asking it for answers to where she might have gone. It gave no reply. I sighed and stared out into the grove of trees. I will find you, my love. I know it. This isn't just us anymore... It's not just our town against us, or monsters against us anymore. It's the world.