Chapter 24: Build Ups and Let Downs

A/N: Hello, lovely readers. I'm sorry for the slow update of Tom and Kenni's story. This was a tough chapter to write. Please comment and let me know what you think and feel.

Love to you all!

DG4L

I know I need to get back to LA, and I've said as much to Tom. Of course, he changes the subject every time I bring it up.

"Tom, I'm making flight arrangements today for next week." I say, sitting on one end of the sofa in Tom's living room, reading emails on my phone.

Tom is reading something on his tablet, sitting at the other end of the sofa. My feet are resting in his lap, and he's absently massaging them with one hand. "Kenni, they're having a revival of The Tempest in a few weeks. I think we should see if we can still get tickets." He continues scrolling through items on the screen, not looking at me.

"That sounds great...except I won't be here!" I say loudly, pulling my feet from his lap.

Tom sighs and puts down the tablet. "You know, we've proven that you can work from here, even with your show in California."

"Yeah, if I don't mind being on conference calls at all hours of the night."

"Don't you want to stay with me, here, in London?" Tom asks, making serious eye contact. I want to melt and say, "Of course I do, my Love," but I'm stubborn.

"Why don't you come to LA to stay with me?"

Tom shutters a bit. "I can't do it, Kenneth. Not long term. Too much sunshine," he says with a smirk. He resumes looking at his tablet.

We're silent for a while - each glued to our electronic devices.

"What if...you move in with me?" he asks, still looking at his tablet. I stare at him like he's grown horns or something. When I don't respond, he lifts his eyes to meet mine.

"Are you asking me to live with you?"

"I think I am."

I pause to think. "So, I can bring my things here and intermingle them with your things?" I say, putting down my phone and moving to straddle Tom where he sits. He puts his tablet aside and rubs his hands up and down my thighs.

Tom is silent and chooses to kiss my neck before responding. "All except the truly terrible things. Some of your thrift store finds are exceptionally dreadful, Love."

Tom wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a kiss.

"So that's it. We just move in together and we live happily ever after?" I ask, rubbing my nose against his when we break the kiss.

"Well, that's not completely it. I suppose after some time of living together, I'll ask you to marry me. Then, after we're married for some time, we'll start a family. Then I might say that we'll live happily ever after."

My breath catches in my throat. It's not that Tom has started to inch his hands under my shirt and is now cupping and fondling my breasts, though that is amazing. It's Tom's mention of starting a family. Fuck! We've never had this conversation.