Chapter.6 {G R I L L B Y S}

You blinked and you arrived at the little bar, its light shone warmly. You felt something in your heart flutter as you stared at the small building, something about it felt like home.
" Well, it's just Grillby's kiddo, don't look so awe struck" Sans smiled and walked to the door and opened it " I always come here when I'm having a bad day."
You walked inside of the building and even though it was late at night a lot of people were there. Not necessarily drinking, most were just talking, but when Sans walked in most yelled "hi"as both of you walked to the bar. A man stood behind it wiping the glasses with his back turned to you... He was on fire.
You laughed to yourself when he began pouring a drink for a horse leaning against the jukebox to your right. Sans sat down and you sat next to him on the bar stool and he watched you as you laughed and smile.
"What's so funny?"
"He's on fire and he's working with very flammable liquid"
"Oh I'll have you know Grillby is very well trained, one time he set my clothes on fire..."
Grillby turned around to Sans and began wiping the bar in front of him, he didn't say a word but Sans knew he wanted him to shut up.
" oops" Sans giggled.
You looked around the room, it was filled with people, and the sight made you happy. Something about this place being empty made you nervous.
"When I first brought Frisk here they ordered fries, and when they grabbed the ketchup the lid flew off and this giant glob of the condiment fell onto their fries... So i'd recommend checking if you want to have something on your food."
You nodded, and Sans placed an elbow on the table and leaned his face in his hand and glanced over to you "For once you look pretty calm..."
"This place gives me a good vibe."
Grillby arrived and handed you both drinks, you glanced over and saw Sans had water and you had [f/d]. Sans winked at you and you guessed he knew what you had wanted, when you took a sip you nodded at him impressed, it was what you wanted.
"So (y/n) you want french fries or a burger?" Sans smirked.
You tapped the bar with your fingers and thought, and you remembered something.

" What are you doing here?" Sans words were slurred as you walked into the bar.
You stayed quiet and looked around at the empty bar, the whole place was silent and Grillby walked into the back room silently, his fires becoming blue when he saw you.
"Did you think that running to me after what you both did that would lighten the blow or something?" He turned and smashed the glass on the bar and stood up uneasy. "I trusted you, I considered you family... Nothing had happened for two years and you do this now?" He raised his voice and you noticed the red scarf wrapped around his neck "Right when I thought things could get better, when I thought this would be the time we could live happily, when we could actually make it out without a reset..." He chuckled sadly. " But no, you had to drop down with Frisk and you had to gain my trust, you had to convince everyone Frisk wasn't harmful even though I remembered! You had to make me love you..."
You remembered your heart dropping into your stomach and you pushed some hair out of your eyes sadly. You muttered a soft "I love you too..." he screamed angrily and threw the rest of the bottle across the room and pushed you out of the way as he left the bar. His one safe place, the place he goes when he's having a bad day.
Little did you know, you were going to have a bad time.

You snapped back when Sans snapped his fingers in front of your face and you felt guilty.
"Don't worry kiddo, you like fries too" Sans turned to Grillby and nodded, Grillby placed the rag down and went into the back, his flames were normal.
Sans turned to you and you felt like everyone was staring at you.

Can you feel your sins crawling down your back?

" Hey look who it is" Sans patted your shoulder as a dog in armor walked over to you, when you looked at the dog it's neck grew a little bit and you were taken back. It was sort of unnerving.
" Pet him."
You closed your eyes and placed a hand on the dog's head, and it shook happily. You peeked an eye open and it jumped at you and licked your face. You laughed loudly and grabbed the dogs face and pet it vigorously. The dog jumped out on the giant armor and onto your lap excitedly, and laid down.
"See, he's nice." Sans pet the dog's head and when Grillby came out and saw the mass of metal on the ground he sighed and smoke came out.
He placed the food in front of you and you looked at Sans " Where's your food"
"Not hungry." Sans grabbed one of your fries and gave it to the dog cutely.
" I'm gonna need to pay you back you do know that?"
" I'm not going to accept it"
You smiled softly and began eating, your french fries.
When you finished both you and Sans left and he took your hand and arrived in your room. You both stared.
"Well i'm gonna go."
"Okay, thank you for today, I mean tonight." you stuttered, and he smirked suddenly.
"Tibia honest, I has a great time too..."
You groaned and laughed. You blinked and he was gone.