Chapter.8 {M O V E S}

Something in your pocket buzzed and you both separated, and you grabbed the phone out of your pocket. There was silence and you checked the caller ID, Frisk. Your brain buzzed and you greeted them.
" Hey Frisk."
More silence, now you weren't the best at feeling the mood of the conversation but something seemed off. Suddenly you heard a short squeak and the line was cut.
You took the phone off your ear and you felt the hairs on the back of your neck stand. You brain was trying to think of where they were but you couldn't remember anything. You put the phone in your pocket and Sans patted your back.
" Hey don't worry about the mess kiddo, I got it." Sans ushered you out of the kitchen and a small dog with a bone bounded toward you.
You pet the dog and it licked at your hands when suddenly you heard a loud knock on the door, you sprang up and turned to the kitchen but Sans didn't go to open it. You walked over to the door and the dog bounded toward it happily and barked. You opened it and you were engulfed in a cold hug.
" Oh my goodness darling I honestly thought I would freeze in this weather, how do you even manage" Suddenly the person was cut off and there held your shoulders and inspected you " I'm sorry sweetie I thought you were Papyrus." The man smiled at you and hugged you still " Doesn't matter, I need the warmth"
When you let the man into the house he called out loudly " Papy I'm here!"
Suddenly the Papyrus bust out of his room and waved from upstairs " Why hello Mettaton!" he ran down the stairs excited "I was just watching your show on the internet and wowie, you were talking about that new song by some ghost and it was the best song I have ever heard!"
Sans walked out of the kitchen and looked indifferently toward Mettaton " Don't get too excited, last time that happened his arms fell off..."
" Why hello to you too darling" Mettaton let go of you and patted your head before walking upstairs with Papyrus to his room and shutting the door quickly.
You sighed with a smile on your face and turned to Sans " Well he was... Interesting"
Sans nodded and patted the dog.
" You looked a little bothered, are you okay?"
Sans smile widened and he looked turned away from you and shrugged " I'm fine, nothing really gets under my skin..."
You stared at him for a moment and then groaned at the pun. He turned around and laughed while shaking his head. " you really set yourself up for that one".
You laughed and walked over to him while tapping your chin " hold on I got one..." Sans watched you obviously entertained. " when does a skeleton laugh?"
Sans shrugged and sat down on the couch.
"When someone tickles his funny bone." You did jazz hands and he giggled, you sat down next to him.
" Why do skeletons hate winter?" Sans leaned into the couch, his thoughts seemed anywhere but here.
" Why" you smiled trying to catch his attention
"Because the cold goes right through them" He glanced at you then stared at the ground.
"Why did the skeleton stay out in the snow all night?" He muttered.
You stared at him and laughed shortly, you felt like you knew this one.
"He was a numbskull..." Suddenly Sans leaned toward you and your eyes widened, his face was right in front of your and you felt your heart thud against your chest. He glanced at the ground nervously and then back at you with a smile "Hey... can I kiss you?"
Your mouth was dry and you stared wide eyed " uh, um, ah" You leaned toward him and you felt your cheeks were hot. His cheeks got a blue tint and you both sat there. Extremely close, but not doing anything.
" I remembered you liked when I asked you and-" he cut himself off and suddenly,laughed, and leaned away. He looked defeated and suddenly sad, he smiled through it for you and stood up wobbly in the knees from being so close " uh, hey, don't worry about it... I just have to go grab something from Grillbys..." He walked to the door and you stood up quickly and walked over to him.
You grabbed his shoulders and turned him around and missed his mouth but kissed his cheek. Both of you blushed brightly and you backed away, your brain was going into a meltdown and Sans sweated with an odd smile on his face.
You tapped your foot and you quickly exclaimed " I'm so sorry, I don't know what got a hold of me... I just thought, and oh my gosh I just met you yesterday. But it doesn't feel like I did you know what I mean?" You looked up at Sans but he still seemed to be in a daze. " Oh geez did I just ruin every-"
You were cut off when he pulled you close and kissed you.