Chapter.14 {D O N' T G I V E U P}

You stared at them as they walked away and you stumbled after them. You arrived at their side and you glared "I'm gonna make sure you don't do anything stupid".

     Your head was filled with the screams and you felt your hands twitch and your stomach churned as the urge to just give up swept through your mind and bit at the back of your brain.

     Your footsteps rang as you got into the elevator. Before Frisk pressed one of the buttons they smiled at you and handed you a knife. You stared at it wide eyed and you grabbed the knife, even though your head was screaming to run. You remembered the letter and you felt guilty. Frisk turned to the buttons and smiled and you could swear you saw a small tear fall down their cheek.

     They pressed the buttons and suddenly the lights flashed black and red. You felt the room shutter and you both tumbled down as the room fell.

     You peeked your eyes open and groaned holding your head, Frisk crawled over to you and handed you half of a pie. The familiar smell swept through and your mouth watered, but you glared at them. They smiled and pointed to your soul and HP bar. It was desperately low; you swallowed your guilt, pride, and anger and took the half. When you tasted it tears fell and you sniffed pitifully remembering dreams, and memories. Happier times, where you saw the surface, you lived with Toriel, Frisk was like a sibling, Pap and Sans were happy.

     "Why did you R E S E T?" you wiped your eyes and your voice cracked as you talked through chewing. You felt your frustration raise "Why did you ruin everything?!" You lunged at them and grabbed their collar and shook them "Why didn't you do anything, why can't you control yourself" You screamed.

     Their brows furrowed and they cried softly.

     "Why can't you fight them, why can't we be strong together?!" you sobbed and they pushed away from you and stood up mashing one of the buttons and the door opened.

    They wiped their face and smiled again "c'mon let's get this over with" they signed.

    You glanced at the rest of the discarded pie with resentment and grabbed it, placing in your pocket. You followed them out and you recognized the walkway, but everything was grey. You swallowed odly and you felt a shiver run down your back. You expected someone to come and talk, the only thing left. But the Flower never came.

    You arrived in front of the house and Frisk tried to open the door, but their hands trembled too much and you opened it instead. They ignored everything and walked down the stairs to the basement. You followed and you began to notice the wall depicting a city. You felt your hands become sweaty and you grabbed Frisks shoulder.

    "We should turn back"

     "why?" they signed

    "There's someone you don't want to meet."

     They rolled their eyes and shrugged your hand off. You followed them and you got to a large hallway. The room had large pillars and you noticed a familiar figure at the end of it. You walked forward and he didn't seem to be shocked.

    Sans shook his head and clicked his tongue menacingly. You both walked forward and his right eye glinted blue "Some people never change..." his eyes were on you and you felt your chest tighten along with your hand. "I guess i've changed too, we've both lied about things" he smirked and you remembered the 'I love you's. Something in your brain went off and you felt numb. Your expression calmed and he looked shocked.

    "Why did you do it?"He turned to Frisk, but they stayed silent with a death grip on their knife "Do you have powers?" His smile looked slightly strained as he questioned both of you.

    Frisk nodded and his other eye went black

    "Then why'd you kill my brother?" He stayed quiet for a moment expecting an answer and when he didn't get one his smile turned sour "That's what I'd probably ask the first few times I saw you... But I guess i'm just repeating old things for old times sake?" He laughed and his hand left his pocket and went to his side "You remember that sun set... I can't, but I can feel the sunlight. You know what I mean?"

"..."

"Guess not, let's just get to the point"

    That monster appeared behind him and Frisk laid with their health 0 next to you. You felt sweat fall down your temple and your legs shook and you gripped the knife. Sans looks at you expectantly and you lunged forward but he dodged easily and his voice seemed strained "We both know I'm a little harder to hit than that."

    The monsters stared at you and when they tried to attack their light glitched out and they went back to normal. Sans looked nervous and his fake smile grew "I guess I still get butterflies when I'm with you... Even like this"

     You felt nothing and you lunged at him and the knife stopped right in front of his chest.

[C A N C E L]

    You screamed and tried to push past it but you couldn't. You fell to your knees and held you head "The one time, come on!" You punched the ground "I just want the RESET, I want another chance, please!".

   You heard a chuckle and everything went black.

[y/n] Don't give up, stay determined!

   You stared into the void and you saw your family. Toriel smiled at you, Asgore opened his arms. You ran to them and when you tried to hug them they fell to dust in your arms and numbers filled your vision.

99999

The ground opened up under you and you fell.