Chapter.10 {P E E K-A-B O O}

When Sans came back in the room he smiled at you, then looked down at the book in his hand. He walked to the bed and went back under the covers and coaxed you to lay back down. You listened and he sat up and opened the book with a oddly happy expression.
"I hope you don't mind that it's a children's book." He laughed quietly and smiled at you.
"It's fine."
"It's called Peek-A-Boo with a fluffy bunny, Pap makes me read it to him every night. It's sorta become a thing since we were kids." He turned to the opening page "The ending does get him sometimes..."
You nodded and smiled "Sounds like both of you have a soft spot for this book" you pulled the covers up and peeked over his arm at the book.
"Once upon a time there was a small bunny, she lived with her brother and took care of both of them" Sans smirked at you and made gestures toward himself "Her brother was always outside and loved to make friends, he was very popular..." Sans muttered "I usually add strong in there and Pap yells at me for changing the story."
You smiled and your eyelids felt heavy.
" But one day the younger bunny went missing, and his sister was stricken with grief when she couldn't find him." Sans looked nervous and muttered "Yeah let's skip this part..." He cleared his throat "Finally the rabbit gave up searching, she had lost all hope. But once that happened her brother came back, both bunnies cried when they reunited. And they lived happily ever after..." Sans turned to you but you had fallen asleep and he rubbed his eyes softly and he felt his hands tremble. The ending always got him...
***
You woke up to the door of San's room flying open and Papyrus barging in.
"Brother you are going to be late to all your jobs!" Pap stopped suddenly and stared, Mettaton peeked in from behind Pap.
"What's wrong darling, what's got your tongue-" Mettaton stopped and stared "ooh~"
Sans sat up quickly "It's not what it looks like" his cheekbones lit blue brightly and he looked anxious.
You sat up also and stared off blushing from what this scene probably looked like. You glanced toward Papyrus and Mettaton, Pap stared with a blush and Mettaton put his thumbs up and mouthed 'Oh yes!'
Papyrus shut the door quickly and Sans sighed and looked over to you. "Well they think we, boned" he smirked suddenly. And you laughed and both of you stood up.
"Welp I gotta go to work, see ya [y/n]..." He walked to the door of his room and turned to you with a big smile " Love y-" he stopped short and his mouth shut oddly and he left.