Chapter Twenty

"Sarafina? Are you all right?"

"Yes, I think so."

"I heard you crying and just thought I'd come in. Check you're ok you know?"

"I just can't understand it? Why me? My mother was tired, I know that, but I needed her."

"Trust me, you will get through this, you just need to remember she is always with you."

"Zuberi?"

"Yes?"

"What do I do now?"

"As in?"

"Must I marry Mufasa?"

"No! I mean, you might have to, but try your hardest to get out of it."

"I'll try."

"Oh, right, me, Fidel and Shahida are all going on a little excursion."

"Where to?"

"The desert."

"Ok, I'll come with you. It might be good to have a break. But we won't always be with Fidel and Shahida will we?"

"No, of course not. I get your thinking and there will be times when we're alone." Sarafina giggled at the facial expression he put with this phrase. "Ok! Ok! I'm coming! You've convinced me!"

"Mufasa?"

"What Father?"

"Prepare yourself for the wedding. You will marry Sarafina tomorrow."

"But please!"

"No, it is your duty Mufasa." Mufasa then apologised to Ahadi and left. Uru then sat down next to Ahadi. "Love?"

"Oh, hey Uru. What's up?"

"I just want him to be happy in life, I don't know if it is a good idea for him and Sarafina to marry."

"I know Uru, but I have to pave the way for Mufasa to have a strong heir." Uru slipped her head under his chin and rubbed his mane, he nuzzled her affectionately before being called away on duty. "I love you!"

"I love you too Uru!" He called back, "Don't ever forget that..." He whispered.

As he was walking, he met with Chimalsi who wanted to talk with him, was worried about his daughters and wanted reassurance that they would be fine. He knew Sala was coming to visit the next month however he had noticed Shahida was drifting away from the others. At one point they came to a herd of zebra and they simply lay there for a while, talking. Chimalsi asked about the Sarabi and Mufasa situation. "I am sorry Chimalsi, but Sarabi can still be friends with Mufasa. She just can't be his queen."

"Well, Ahadi, she is technically a princess, as I would be King and Abla Queen had we not chosen to leave."

"Sarafina just seems to be the right choice."

"Oh..." At that moment there was a sudden shaking of the ground as hundreds of zebras galloped towards the two lions. Something had caused a stampede...

Chimalsi leapt to his feet and ran, he was half the size of Ahadi and far more nimble and quick on his feet. Ahadi went in the same direction. Jumping onto a ledge, Chimalsi knew he was safe and directed Ahadi to another escape route. However, at that moment he was overtaken by the zebras and became lost in the stampeded. Chimalsi could only occasionally see his yellow fur and black mane among the mass of black and white. He tried to call out to him but he obviously couldn't hear, Chimalsi didn't think about it, he jumped.

Suddenly, huge animals were surrounding him and he was lost in the midst of the stampede. Then he saw a flash of yellow fur and made his way towards it. When he found Ahadi he helped him stand but then looked up, a hoof hit Ahadi's neck.