Chapter Eight

"Wait, she is opening her eyes!"

"Yes, dat is a good thing Queen Uru, she will be alright. Just give her a little time. She probably needs to remember who she is and why she is here." Sarafina looked up to see a mandrill talking to a lioness with brown fur and green eyes. "Wait...where am I?"

"Dear, you are in the Pridelands, no one is going to hurt you but....why are you here?"

"Um...well...I am Sarafina and I came to find help. And I found you but I was too weak to get to you. My father got sick a few months ago and he didn't survive it, then a rogue male took over and he does not treat us well. I am being threatened now that I am older, and I'm scared. My mother is no longer queen but the new King says that if she leaves with my two little sisters and me then he will accept that. All the other lionesses seem to like him but he will never be my father...or anything else close to me either. He threatened me once, he said that if I didn't go hunting with the older lionesses, I would have his cubs instead."

"Oh dear, you will be safe here. Mufasa! Send Sarabi and her sisters to the Drylands to retrieve Sarafina's family. You and Taka go too but you must go only for the purpose I have given you. Hurry along now, assemble your lionesses!"

Sarafina saw a golden lion a little older than herself stride out of the cave, followed buy a terracotta lion who skulked out behind him, Sarafina was impressed.

"Hey Taka, 'assemble your lionesses'! Which ones are you having?!" Mufasa was enjoying this sudden leadership task. "Well dear Muffy, I shall have: Sala, Tata and Shuruku."

"Ok then, so I will have: Sarabi, Shahida and Sharika!" The brothers continued towards the waterhole where all six girls were lapping up water.

"Oh my gosh! It's him!" Sarabi whispered in disbelief. Sala began to laugh again, she ran towards Taka and leapt onto him in the same manner they had done for so long. "Hey, um Sarabi, I was told to take you to retrieve Sarafina's family."

"Um..hi Mufasa, will it be just us?" Sarabi had a pleading look on her face.

"Ok then, Taka? You take the rest of them. I will go the other way with Sarabi."

Taka glared but did so and met the excited teenage females with a sly grin saying "You belong to me, you all belong to me!"

"Erm...ok then? But you can't do anything to us until we are official members of your pride!" Sharika was very conscious of the dangers male adolescents could create for lionesses, young like herself. She had to protect Shuruku because she felt that Taka was in a rather delicate mood today. Possibly a little too active...

Mufasa and Sarabi walked around the other way where they eventually reached a large tree where SarabI hunted and provided a large meal for the two of them. Mufasa was impressed and watched her the entire time, she was aware of this but she let him continue and began to feel a rush inside her body. She did not understand what this meant but it was nice....exciting...but also quite weird....why did she feel like this?

Meanwhile, Taka decided he needed lunch so they took a rest. Or rather, he did while he watched the lionesses hunt. Tata was coming along fast. She was clearly intelligent and in Sarabi's absence, she took over. Her small, nimble figure caught his eye, but he did not have the wrong intentions. Her pale brown fur gleamed in the sunlight of the savannah as she leapt for prey. However, Shahida and Sharika were the only others who were doing well. Shuruku was naturally clumsy and did not pay attention to tactics. Sala was distracted as usual and the ring round her neck was not suited to this terrain. Her mother had the ring of fur round her neck too, it was a genetic part of her original pride who were used to hunting in forests. Tata eventually brought back a large gazelle which she brought back to Taka, acknowledging he was in charge instinctively. Her delicate body was shaking from the exhilaration of the hunt as she dragged it to his side. "Tata, lay next to me. We can share."