Author's Note

Ok, so basically I made this up as I went along, originally, it was nothing like what has just appeared on the page in front of me. Ujasiri was meant to be Yusuf, however Sala never found her way out. The character of Yusuf was supposed to be a rogue. Zira was never intended to have her views of lions and be within Ujasiri's pride, however I thought that because all the lionesses in that pride were either light or dark beige, and seeing as Yusuf had cubs with all of them, it made sense that his dark area surrounding his eyes would create the lionesses in Zira's pride in The Lion King Two, when added to their Mother's predominantly beige colouring. Tata did not exist originally but I added her to up the tragedy of Scar and to show that first scarring of his heart. Kibibi didn't exist either, she was brought in to create more suspicion around Mufasa, and to show that he wasn't treated as the 'perfect' child Scar always thought he was.

In my first plans, Chimalsi and Abla's relationship was strained. They had been together to save Abla from fate but had got themselves into an unexpected mess and at the time of Sarabi's birth, they were not really happy together. As you can see, they were happy together however Chimalsi relied on Abla for just about everything and when she died he was on the verge of a breakdown, hence why his youngest cubs were brought up by the twins.

Sarabi begins a rational cub, very close to Sala and immediately becomes close friends with Mufasa. Sala's daring attitude towards life causes Sarabi to be more adventurous than she probably would've been without her. She is extremely close to her father as he was the parent who held most of the wisdom, where as Abla passed her fearless and strong personality to her daughter. However, Sarabi is so close to Sala that when Sala admits to her early pregnancy and betrayal of the rules, Sarabi is immediately off to interrogate Mufasa, who at this point she is exceptionally close to. This of course ends in Sarabi leaving for twenty four hours where she reviews everything. Basically Sarabi is exceedingly loyal to those she loves. After that she becomes closer to Mufasa and although their relationship is restrained by his parent's wishes and Chimalsi's eagerness to stick to the rules and remain a background character, they pull through and then comes Simba, after a lot of fretting. And then the tragedy...

Sala is originally betrothed to Scar to make Scar feel just as important as his brother as he begins to show signs of disappointment. This betrothal is not based on anything and therefore it eventually crumbles. Although the two as cubs are pretty close. The demolition of their relationship is brought about by Sala. She is rather naive, lacking the wisdom of Sarabi and Shahida. So she ventures out and meets Yusuf who seduces her and brainwashes her, being the teenager she is at this point she is yearning affection of this kind and of course it winds up with her pregnancy and Yusuf's betrayal. Then Ujasiri rescues her from her fate and together they make each other strong.

Shahida is an odd character, isolated and caught up in her own thoughts and she and Fidel are probably the least likely to be together, but they are. Zuberi and Fidel first appear when they are asked to be part of The Lion Guard by Scar who eventually crushes it. Shahida is knocked out and the boys are alone, where Zuberi begins to tease Fidel about his unknown crush on Shahida as he looks over her. This relationships brings Zuberi and Sarafina together who are also a very strong pairing. And I didn't the tragic end of Zuberi to happen however it is vital to the plot of the next story that he dies. Fadhili was previously disgraced by Scar and he of course wants nothing to do with the cubs, one of which is killed. Fadhili saves their lives but pays the price when she is killed for it. I quite enjoyed writing the bit where Fidel appears to turn evil as it was so unimaginable yet obvious, he could be easily listen to them and turn to them for protection. But he wouldn't betray Zuberi and so he saves them, that is his plan all along.

Ieashia, where the hell do I start. She was troubled as a cub due to the loss of her brother being one of her earliest memories. Then she turned stubborn, Zira brainwashed her and her father's genes are clear within her. And poor Jomo, I mean, seriously?! He is pathetic at times but I love him anyway, IEASHIA convinces him to mate with her, simply because he has fallen madly in lone with her. She doesn't feel much for him. Then there is the stupid rogue she comes across...stuff happens and Jomo is kicked to the back basically. Ieashia is a bit of an idiot to be honest. Headstrong and arrogant.

Scar was supposed to turn into Scar due to some action of Mufasa's, and although it is partly because of Mufasa, I decided that Uru's death would trigger the demolition of Taka within Scar. He was Taka for his mother and when she was gone he was distraught and felt that no one on earth loved him anymore, she was, and probably always will be, the most prominent figure in Scar's life.

Taji was brought in to separate Sharika and Shuruku from the pride. Zuberi and Fidel didn't exist originally, hence why they never turn up as cubs earlier in the story. However I needed a mate for Shahida and one for Sarafina. Sarafina was originally meant to meet the son of the male who killed her father and then go with him, fall in love with him and then obviously...yeah...then she was meant to be pregnant with Nala, he would then realise who she was, and enemy, and he would cast her out and she would return to the Pridelands where Nala would be born. But I decided this scenario wasn't good enough so I changed it. This is why Zuberi was brought in. And he does resemble Nala in my drawings.

I accidentally juxtaposed Kifo and Ieashia's names, Kifo means 'death' and Ieashia means 'life'. The whole Ieashia issue is kind of awkward but she is like her father in that respect.

The plot had originally formed around the idea of explaining the mystery of Kovu's parents, many would say Zira was his mother however I don't believe she was. It will be revealed in the next book who they are. Yusra was non-existent too, her fate will be described in the next book as well.

Yup, I know I just talked about and analysed some of these characters as if they are real historical figures but that's just me so deal with it!

Hope you enjoyed reading it!