Chapter Twenty One

Scar slipped down through the bones silently before going into the hyenas lair. He showed no grief at the death of his father and Mufasa was extremely annoyed with this. Mufasa had sent him to sort the hyenas out, he suddenly felt more envious of his brother than ever. He was the King, Scar had nothing, no power at all. He had Sarabi, Scar had lost Sarafina. As he walked down into the cave, he saw green smoke and other strange things, but for some reason it appealed to him.

"Oh Banzai? You know what?"

"What?"

"Will we be stuck with Ed FOREVER? Cause I don't think I can survive that!" Both burst into hysterical laughter. Hyenas were something cubs were warned about, they were brutal and dangerous. This was where Scar made his first dark friends...

"Heeheeheeeeee!"

"So? What do you think you are doing? Stealing food belonging to others?" Scar asked.

"Um...yes?"

"Urgh....you think you're so clever."

"Well? Actually? We're not!"

"No, we're not! Ed?"

"Hehehehehe!" He rolled round in uncontrollable laughter.

"Wait? He could be our friend!"

"Yeah Shenzi! He could!"

"Oh, come come. Do you have no friends?"

"Em, we're hyenas? What do ya think?"

"Precisely."

Scar knew he did not belong in Pride Rock anymore. He felt a strong desire to overthrow his brother and take Sarabi for himself. He needed to get away, but he was too late. Darkness had already clouded over his heart...

Uru was still heartbroken, although she enjoyed watching Mufasa and Sarabi, they reminded her of how she and Ahadi had been. Chimalsi was the only one who could comfort her, and he would always be there when she broke down. They seemed to have a certain understanding of each other's circumstances and many of the lionesses began to see Chimalsi as of a high ranking within the pride. The lion who had been not yet fully grown when he had cubs, who had been weak and helpless, was now a strong lion, protecting Uru.

One morning, Sala woke up to see Ujasiri already playing with Khalfani. He was a very good father and was exceptionally gentle. Today they would be going to the Pridelands to show Chimalsi his new grandcubs. She watched as Ieashia rose from her slumped position in the corner and stood. The cub was now nearly a teenager and was clearly remarkably elegant. She had the figure and shaping of her mother with some of her father's features and, of course, the darkness around her eyes. Without saying a word, Ieashia left the cave.

As she walked towards the other cubs, she thought, "Why shouldn't I be with them? What would she know anyway?" She also had a burning desire to meet her father now. She no longer remembered the day he brother had died, she had been too young. Now she heard a voice, "I must leave you now. But be strong, my sister, and remember, I am a part of you."

"Kifo?! Please don't leave me! I can't go on alone! Not if I am to make this journey..." Ieashia continued until she reached the place the would meet the others.

"Hey Ieashia! Did you fluff your tail last night?"

"Yes, I did."

"Stars! You really need to sort out your eyebrows!"

"Oh, yeah! I was going to do that tonight!"

"Oh. And by the way, you know that we are all going to get boyfriends today!?"