Chapter Nineteen

The marriage between Sarafina and Mufasa was put off in order to let Sarafina deal with her grief. The last conversation with her mother had left her wondering...maybe there was someone outside the Pridelands...waiting for her?

"Scar?"

"Mufasa? I do apologise for the other day, I don't know what I was doing..."

"Don't worry, just don't do it again, ok?"

"Deal!"

The brothers patrolled the Pridelands that day with Sarabi, they talked about ideas they had and Sarabi walked beside Mufasa, not particularly impressed.

"And I was thinking we could sort out the hyenas by getting the lionesses to hunt for them too."

"Mufasa?! Are you serio..."

"Yeah, and then they wouldn't need to overhunt and kill in their clumsy manner!"

"Scar?! Mufaaaasa?! We can't hunt all the ti..."

"And you can go check on them from time to time and take their food to them Scar!"

"Guys?!?!?!?!"

"Oh, what is it Sarabi?"

"I can't hunt from dawn until dusk everyday!!! And certainly not when I have cubs!"

"Oh come on Sarabi! You love hunting!"

"Yes I do, but it is hard physical labour!"

"And???"

"Well, it won't be good for me or anyone else!"

"Oh...I think we will have to rethink this one Scar..."

"Thank you."

Sala and Ujasiri were sleeping in their cave with Ieashia, they were now finally having nights where Ieashia would actually just sleep. "MOM!!!!!"

"What?" Sala lifted her head, she was half asleep.

"Don't worry Sala, you sleep. I'll deal with this one." He licked her cheek and she smiled, going back to sleep. "Dad! I'm getting kicked by Mommy's tummy!"

"Hm, Ieashia, come and sleep in my paws tonight."

"Yay!" Ujasiri lifted her into his forelegs and as he cradled her she went to sleep. All he felt for the rest of that night was her legs kicking his chin.

Another month passed and Sarafina began to come to terms with the loss of her mother, she knew she was with her. Chimalsi had moved into Pride Rock and spent a lot of his time with Ahadi, he often visited his youngest children.

Shahida met up with Fidel one morning at he waterhole. "Hey Fidel!" She waved her tail in a seducing way. "Oh, hi Shahida. I was...um...wondering if...you'd like to come with me and Zuberi on a quick...holiday?"

"Yes, I'd love to!" This was yet another of Zuberi's plans to bring the two closer.

"Fidel, seriously mate. You gotta get close to her on this holiday. Really close."

"But not too close right?"

"Depends how you're feeling." Zuberi raised one eyebrow mischievously.

"Honestly Zuberi, you won't leave this alone will you?"

"No."

"So who do you like?"

"No one."

"Oh yeah?"

"I don't."

"Yeah right!" This teasing went on for a while until Zuberi couldn't take it any longer.