Chapter Twenty Nine

"Taka?"

"What is it Mother?"

"Please come here for me Taka."

"Ok."

"Right, promise me you and your brother will never become enemies. Please promise me that Taka."

"I promise..."

"Goodbye Taka, I'll see you at sunrise."

"Bye Mother." As Scar walked away, uncertain if he could keep this promise, he did not realise Uru meant his sunrise in the stars...

Uru knew it was already out of her control, she knew her son was walking the wrong path and that her input now wouldn't make much difference, but she also knew that she had to try. She rose and walked slowly to where Ahadi had died all that time ago. Uru lay down on the hard ground, over the spot which bore the slightest stain of the King's blood. She lay her head on her forepaws and closed her eyes.

The next morning the former queen was discovered, but she was no longer her, just the body her soul had lived in. Mufasa was stunned and deeply upset but Scar was extraordinarily stunned, he was inconsolable. Chimalsi too was distraught, as were Sarabi, Sarafina and all the other members of the pride.

That day, all that was left of Taka, evaporated from Scar's body...

Zazu was sent to report to Ujasiri immediately and he attended the burial with Sala. Ieashia still had not been found. Sala had told her cubs that Ieashia and Jomo had simply gone on holiday and the cubs fell for it. Khalfani was no better, deteriorating day by day. Laketia was on double lessons now, Royal lessons as well as hunting ones. Lubaya was gradually developing Ieashia's attitude and Lalamika grew more reserved as Khalfani's condition worsened.

"Daddy?"

"Yes Laketia?"

"When Khalfani gets better, he will be next in line again won't he?"

"No, Laketia, he won't be strong enough to be King. That's why you will have to take his place."

"What?! But I don't wan....ok, I'll do it." Laketia didn't want to take this on but she knew it was for the safety of her pride so she did.

Ieashia and Jomo had crossed the border and were in hiding, they didn't want to be found by anyone. However Ieashia was in a state and needed help, she would not hear of it. Of course, seeing her like this threw Jomo's mind into disarray and the pair were hopelessly confused.

"Ieashia? Are you ok? I think we should go back...Ieashia?"

"Would you just shut up?!"

"Um....yes...well....err.....sorry..."

"You're such a---." She stopped in her tracks as she saw a shadow, she looked upwards and there she saw the lion she had spent that fateful night with.

"Hello. Didn't expect to see you again."

"Um....hi....we...had better be going...."

"Oh really? Who's he?"

"This is Jomo..."

"Aren't you a little young to be out on your own?"

"Well you are the same age, and you're on your own!"

"That's different, I am a lion. You're just a little lioness. Ready to be victimised..."

"Excuse me but I am not coming anywhere near you ever again."

"I don't think you have a choice..." He sneered.

"Go away!" Jomo ran and stood in front of Ieashia, "Stop it. She doesn't belong to you."