Chapter Twenty Seven

The next day, Scar told Zaafarani that Majuto had asked him to take him to the border and to leave him there, Scar said he had obeyed the cubs wishes. Zaafarani was very upset, worried for Majuto's well being.

One morning Laketia was playing hide and seek when she stumbled down into a pond. She quickly swam out and shook herself dry when she noticed a cub. About three months younger than her, he was lying unconscious on the other side. Laketia risked everything in going to help, she swam across the pond with difficulty avoiding the deeper parts as best she could. When she finally reached the other side, she approached the cub tentatively and batted at his ear. Then she tripped and accidentally pushed him into the pond, she herself falling in behind him. Laketia quickly bit the scruff of his neck and tried her best to swim. She was only just strong enough to drag him with her and eventually she reached the mud on the other side. She then proceeded to drag him home after that.

Sarabi knew that they didn't have much time left, Mufasa would have to announce it now. "Mufasa?"

"Sweetheart, what is it?"

"We're going to have to tell them...cause it's gonna become obvious soon."

"Ok we will tell them at lunch....are you alright?"

"I'm not sure..." Then she stumbled forward into him... "I feel sick..."

"Ok, errr......how about we go and sit by the water hole for the morning?"

"Yes...thank you..."

After lunch, the pride were called to assemble and that they did. Sarabi and Mufasa took their places and Sarafina stayed close to her best friend. Scar sat beside Mufasa and Uru beside him. The other lionesses looked on with anticipation.

"Sarabi and I have a Royal announcement to make. The Queen is expecting my heir."

A loud roaring of approval was heard and eventually after many congratulations, they dispersed. Within the pride, everyone knew everyone very well and therefore Mufasa and Sarabi treated their subjects as friends. Uru approached the couple, "Congratulations! I'm so proud of you."

Chimalsi followed Uru and he looked Sarabi up and down. "What?!"

"Um...Dad? It happens..."

"Sorry love, well done. I am very proud too." This had all come rather quickly for Chimalsi, after all, he had never really expected his little girl would marry...never mind marry a king. And of course no father could imagine the little cub they had caught at every stumble, now about to have cubs of their own. He had experienced this before of course, but the others had always been rushed or away from home and so it wasn't the same. Also, he hadn't really taken it in the first i me, he had been unwell and everything had been a little blurred. He hadn't really picked up on the fact that Sarabi had been thought to be pregnant.

"Uru, I know this is stupid...but I'm scared. And I can't imagine...oh dear...I shouldn't be thinking about this but....I don't know...my daughter....did that...with the King....I don't know...it just seems unreal?"

"Listen, I know Chimalsi. It was a shock the first time for me in the way it wasn't for you. I mean, I knew it would happen. But I know the feeling." She was his support system.

"Yes, just a bit strange... Oh, how's Scar?"

"I don't know...he just seems to distance himself from Mufasa, more and more. And I don't know where he goes all the time. Or what he is hiding from me."

"Hmmm...I'm not sure what you can do really. They're like three and a half years old now, well era listed adults. I suppose it's his choice."