Chapter Sixteen

"Boys!" Ahadi called, he and Uru sat on Pride Rock. They were to listen to their son's roars today and a large crowd of animals had gathered.

"What the HELL Dad? We're not kids anymore!" Scar rolled his eyes at Mufasa and then scowled at Ahadi. Uru gestured for Scar to be quiet and Mufasa giggled. "Shut up Mufasa." Ahadi chided. The two princes then made their way up to the tip of Pride Rock, Mufasa went first because he was the heir. His chest heaved as he let out a huge roar that reached to the ends of the Pridelands and beyond. Sarabi smiled up at him from underneath Pride Rock. Then Scar came up next to his brother, as rehearsed, and opened his mouth. All the lions were expecting the usual snarl however a huge roar came out. Followed by a cloud formation over his head? Scar pulled back, shocked at himself. The animals rejoiced, not understanding the implications of this event. Rafiki made his way towards Ahadi, "He has the roar Ahadi, you know what to do."

As the boys made their way back down Pride Rock, both were stunned. "Scar, come with me please." Scar followed his father begrudgingly, over the past months the bonds between he and his father had been broken and he appeared to love his father no more than he loved any other random lion in the pride. "Taka?"

"It's Scar to you."

"Urgh, well 'Scar' you have a gift, the roar of the elders. This is a very special privilege and it means that you will now be called upon to protect the Pridelands and defend the Circle of Life."

"Oh HELL! Why me? Why not Mufaaasa?" He said scowling for he knew his father preferred Mufasa. "No Scar, Mufasa's job is already chosen. He shall continue the majority of the Circle of Life whilst you defend it."

"So you've condemned me then? Well, thanks!"

"You will have to choose four lions and lionesses who have particularly developed senses."

"Ooooh goody!"

"Stop the attitude, you have no excuse for it anymore."

"I quiver with fear..."

"Uh. Well, get on with it. Remember that you are now the most ferocious animal in the Pridelands."

Scar made his way down Pride Rock and Mufasa was there with Sarabi. "Good afternoon! Lovebirds..."

"Scar, if you are only going to tease me then you may leave."

"Oh no, I'd never dream of teasing youuu Mufasa. Sarabi, you are the strongest lioness in the Pridelands right?"

"So I am told..."

"Yes, you are, get rid of the modesty."

"So what do you want with me?"

"You must join the 'Lion Guard'. I am in charge, Mufasa, and you are needed Sarabi."

"Ok then."

"Meet me at dusk in the cave with the ivy covering the entrance."

At dusk Sarabi went to the cave. On the wall were paintings of the past Lion Guard. "Oh, hello Fidel!"

"Hey Sarabi, haven't seen you in a while!" Fidel was a young lion, he was one of Dalila's sons. "Zuberi!"

"Hi you two..."

"Sarabi? You're here too?!"

"Shahida! Yes I am."

The Scar entered the room in a regal manner and explained to them their task. None of them expected it and they were a little scared at the prospect of it, Scar was careful to make sure they felt safe as he was still of a sensitive character, a quality he would never lose entirely. He suddenly felt an energy inside him, he was now officially stronger that his father, brother, the lionesses....everyone! Maybe now he would be respected now.