Chapter 19: Call

"I nearly fucked things up Chloe. Like, really badly" I said into my phone as I walked back and forth around my bedroom.

I spent most of the half term revising for our up coming mocks so I didn't really go out. Time flies when you're so stressed that you're hair starts to fall out.

I was more than I little happy for Saturday, it was Harry's friends Halloween party.

"What about after when you guys were under the bus stop though? If he wanted to cuddle and allow you to hold his hand then he must still like you" Chloe said.

"I'm such a bitch" I said with annoyance "Seriously what I said was out of order".

"Babe listen to me" Chloe said and I did. "Yes, what you said was shitty, but  you did apologize and he was clearly okay about it. If he wasn't, he would not have told you what time he wanted you to come round his house. He certainly would not have responded to the hug you gave him. I've seen the way he looks at you Madison. He clearly likes you and I know you like him to, even if it's just a teeny tiny bit, there is something there between you guys".

I thought carefully about what she said and I knew I couldn't deny that I did like him a little more than a tiny bit.

"What should I do ?" I asked despertly.

"Wait till he's had a drink or two and see what he's like when he's around you" Chloe said "Oh, and don't let him see you're medication. He doesn't need to worry about your health, you have me and the girls for that. Other than that, let him know you like him. If you don't then there is absolutely no chance what so ever of you two becoming a solid thing".

"Okay, cheers Chloe your an angel" I said sighing with relief.

"I'm always here for you honey" Chloe said "So moving on, what are you wearing tomorrow? I know you said it was a party but is it casual wear or costume?"

I froze in my tracks as reality hit that I had no idea what I was meant to wear. "Shit!!! I have no clue. Harry didn't say".

"Okay Madison chill out, it's okay we'll think of something" Chloe said to try and calm me down.

"How? I have just over twenty-four hours and I don't even know what I'm meant to wear. Oh fuck, why do I have to care about what I wear" I said.

"Haha mine and Shelbie's girlie-ness is finally rubbing off on you" Chloe giggled into the phone.

"I know, I'm worried" I said with some comedic tone. I looked around my room for some sort of miracle that I will know what I need to wear. And Lord behold I think I found it.

I had gone quiet and had not noticed Chloe trying to talk on the other end of the phone.

"Hello . . . Madison ? . . . Are you still there?" Chloe said.

"My God Chloe I think I found something" I said.

"Really? What?"

I had my eye's glued to the bookshelf I had in my room. On the bottom shelf I had all my DVD's and I saw my copy of 'The Dark Knight' on the end. I pulled the DVD out from the row and looked at the back of it to see the menacing Heath Ledger in his Joker make-up.

"I can go as Joker" I said happily.

"Dark Knight Joker? Mads that's brilliant" Chloe said excitedly.

"I know. I can wear jeans and a ripped T-shirt for casual wear, as it would look at little chaotic as well, and if it is fancy dress I can put on some make-up and green hair spray. My mum's going shopping later, I can get the stuff then".

"Brilliant" Chloe said sounding just as happy as me. "Well now that we got that sorted you can calm down a little".

"Yes" I said breathing a sigh of relief, for the second time today.

"Listen Mads I need to go but listen carefully" Chloe said. "You are going to be fine. You're going out with some nice, hot, funny lads . . ."

I giggled at the comment.

" . . . You're going to have a good night and you are going to enjoy yourself, just like you did at Niall's party. Okay?"

"Okay Chloe" I said.

"And try to get Harry's number. I mean c'mon if you guys are going to be going out soon you need to have his number" she said half joking, half serious.

"Do I?" I asked.

"Yes of course" Chloe said as if I was stupid "If he's going to be you're dream babe you need to be able to text him say good night, say you miss him, you want his kisses . . . "

"Whoa, whoa girlie" I said cutting her off "First of all, I haven't even kissed him. For all I know he could be the world's worst kisser. Second, don't call him 'Dream Babe' it's so cringe worthy. It's even worse than calling him and the lads 'The Bad Boys'. Who even came up with that. I know them and the bad-ist thing they do is smoke cirgatrrets in their school uniform".

"Thug Life" Chloe said and we laughed. "Okay, see ya babes. Call me on Sunday and let me know how it goes".

"Will do" I said.

"Oh Mads, one thing" Chloe said.

"Yea?"

"HARRY'S A DREAM BABE . . ." The phone went dead.

"Arrr Bitch" I laughed as I hung up the nearly twenty minute call.

Shit! I hope I don't get a phone bill.

I got out a rucksack from my cupboard and some clothes in for tomorrow. I packed a T-shirt, bra and knickers and then got a bag for my toiletries. I can wear my jeans again the next morning.

I hadn't spoken to Harry or any of the lads since the last day of term, we played football.

I kept thinking about what was going to happen tomorrow night.

I've kissed Niall and Louis, Harry said Zayn thought I was fit, Harry some how likes me a little above average and God knows what I mean to Liam.

"Tomorrow's night's definetly going to be longer than Niall's birthday" I whispered to myself, even if I was going at it sober again.