Chapter 30: Surprise

It was the last day of school, Friday the 18th, before the Christmas holiday and thank God for it.

For the first two periods we had whole school assembly and a Christmas mass. I managed to get a seat next to Harry. Through out the mass Harry kept poking my hand, smiling at me and whispering to me. I heard him sing the hymens. He had a great voice actually.

The assembly dragged a little but it wasn't terrible.

I got to skip periods four and five to go to the drama studio. It's our end of term performances, the project was to create and perform a story we came up with, and it was part of the performing grade. We're performing in front of the BTEC class and we're going to be recorded on camera.

I was in a group with Rae, Rebecca, my friend George and his friend Charlie.

Our play was about drug addition. Cliqued to hell I know but ours was different, darker and focused on character development.

Louis and Zayn's play was about different types of bullying. Their group had my friend's Emily, Callam and Lewis.

I've seen them practice. Their really good.

They only thing is that Zayn is playing the bully victim. Obviously he can act but he doesn't look like the sort of person who would be bullied.

He hasn't show his costume to anyone and said he was saving it for the show.

"Madison" Rae said "Can we go over the dealing scene?"

"The first or the last?"

"The last" Rae said.

"Okay" I said getting into character.

I'm playing the drug addict. Mr Bell was so amazed at my performance with Louis in our first lesson that he wanted me to expand on it.

"Okay, go" Rae said.

As my character I walked onto the stage to the block that we set up. I looked around the place as if I was lost.

"Can I help you?" Rae said.

Our play featured a lot of multi rolling and one of Rae's characters is the drug dealer.

"Yes, I have some stuff to pick up" I said.

Before we could actually practice the scene Mr Bell got our attention.

"Guy's it's twenty past twelve, you're performances will start at the beginning of period six so go and get some lunch now. Chill out, have some food and go over anything you need to regarding the show".

Louis, Zayn, Rae and I made our way to the canteen to get our lunch.

"So Rae how's the dieting going?" I said as we looked at the menu for lunch.

Fish and Chips.

Pizza.

Baguettes.

Salads.

"Errrr" she groaned and I smiled at her.

"Why are you dieting?" Zayn asked "You don't need too".

"Aww thanks Zayn but my mum wants me too" Rae said. "I'll get a salad".

"Suit yourself. I'm getting a pizza" I said.

After we all got our food we sat down at the nearest table and ate rather quickly. We wanted to go over all our props, get the staging ready, get costumes on and go over lines before the performances.