Chapter 28: First day of Advent

November turned into December faster than I could count to ten. Where the hell has time gone?

Harry and I had been together for nearly five weeks and no one at school knew about it . . . still.

Tuesday the first of December I was woken up by James talking about how he wanted us to open our chocolate advent calendars together.

"Morning mum" I said as the two of us came downstairs to mum in the kitchen.

"Morning darling's" she said. "The calendars are on the kitchen counter".

Mine was a Star Wars calendar and James was a Minions calendar.

"First of December James, first day of Advent" I said looking for the one on my calendar.

Once we both found our chocolates James and I did a cheers with them like they were drinks and then ate the delicious nibble of milk chocolate.

"Only 24 days till Christmas now" I said to James. "I need to start getting presents".

"What are you going to get for your girls?" mum asked bringing bowls of cereal out to the table.

"I don't know, something to do with make-up or fashion I suppose".

"What about Harry?" she said and a massive smile appeared on her face.

"Ummm" I said trying to stop myself smiling. "I don't know, I'll ask the boys".

"Okay honey" she said. "How long have you guys been together?"

"Five weeks on Saturday".

"Am I going to meet him properly?"

I thought for a moment. My parents knew I was with him, and they had seen him at school a few times when I pointed him out in the past, and they weren't the kind of 'who is he? where does he live? what does he do?' parents.

"I don't see why not".

"Maybe sometime during Christmas he can come over for dinner" mum suggested.

"Yea, cool" I said as I sat down next to James to eat our breakfast.

"Whose Harry?" James asked.

"My boyfriend" I said.

"Does he like Hot Wheels?"

I laughed a little. "I can imagine he does".

"Is he going to have dinner with us?"

"Maybe mate" I said.

"Does he make you happy?" James asked smiling at me.

"Yea" I said nodding. "Yes he does".

"Harry and Madison sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G . . ." James started and I couldn't help but giggle at the playful teasing.

When I finished my breakfast I took the bowl out to the kitchen were mum was making tea.

"Oh darling" she said "I have something for you".

"What is it?"

"Well . . . It's not for you it's for Harry" she said.

"What?"

She went to the cupboard next to the fridge and pulled out another Star Wars calendar.

"When I brought yours and James' calendars they were doing a three for £2 offer at ASDA and I couldn't resist and I thought that you could give it to Harry".