Chapter 32: Another date

I got the text from Harry Monday morning saying to go to his house at about 11 am and we would tell me what the date is when I get there.

Through out the weekend, last night and this morning I kept repeating that one word that Harry used.

Beautiful.

I've been called a lot of thing's in my life but I have never believed I was beautiful.

That morning I felt a certain pressure to look nice. Admittedly I wasn't a stunning model but I wasn't hideous either so that's good. I have a slim, toned body so it's easy to call me fit.

My hair is a long, thick array of brown, wavy locks but I never did anything with it. I don't wear make-up, because you know it's make up, and I have dark brown eyes. The girls in my group, who do wear make-up, always say their jealous of my long eye lashes because I don't show them off with a bit of mascara.

I didn't know where Harry and I were going today but I felt like I needed to get done up a little. I didn't want to turn up at a fancy restaurant looking like an advertisement for gym clothes.

After I had gotten dressed I went to my mums room and looked through her cupboard, hoping to find something to make me look a bit more appealing.

Her make-up bag was on the top shelf but I ignored it. I'm not wearing make-up. Thirty seconds of searching was too long for me but something finally caught my attention.

"Straighteners" I said pulling the black hair instrument out of a basket in the back of the cupboard. I also got out a bottle of heat protector.

I've never done my hair before so if this fucks up, I'm done, I will never try to look good again.

"Hun" I heard a voice behind me say and I jumped around to see my mum standing at the door.

"Mum you just scared the crap out of me" I said.

"What are you doing in here?" she asked.

Well surely the straighteners and heat protector must have given her some idea. "Harry said to go to his house because he's taking me out . . . I think. He's making it a surprise".

"Aww another date" mum said smiling before drawing her attention to the items in my hands "So . . . you wanted to get dolled up?"

"What?!?! No" I said acting surprised at the comment but knowing deep down the was a grain of true to it. "Not dolled up, I just . . . just . . ." I didn't know how to finish the sentence.

"Do something a little different with you're look" mum said still smiling as he finished the sentence.

"Yes, thank you".

"Darling" she said standing in front of me and resting her hands on my shoulders "You don't need to change who you are to impress someone".

"I'm not trying to impress Harry" I said defensively "It's just I don't know where we are going and I don't want to look washed out next to him again- I mean- washed out next to others".

She thought for a moment of what to say next. I like Harry a lot but I don't want to change what I look like just because I want him happy.

"Madison if you want I will straighten you're hair for you" she said "It's lovely as it is now, wavy and natural, but if you want I will do it for you".

"Cheers mum" I said.

She sat me down on the chair to her dressing table and plugged the straightens into the plug on the wall. As she waited for them to heat up she sprayed the heart protector over my hair and brushing it in.