Chapter 27: Bouncers

Friday came around surprisingly quick. No that I'm complaining. I love Friday's.

Geography with Harry and Niall, RE with Rae and Shelbie, English with Chloe and Lucy, lunch and then finish the day with drama with Rae, Louis and Zayn.

Harry was going to meet Zayn, Louis and I outside the drama studio at the end of the day for when we play football.

Friday's were the best because we always do practical.

We played a few games then Mr Bell sat us all down.

"Okay everyone" he said. "You're mock results were amazing, I'm really proud of all of you". 

"Aww no problem Sir" Louis said clapping with fake waves of emotion in his voice "I know I got the best results".

"Don't hold your breath Louis, they were only mocks" Mr Bell said with a hint of sass and everybody cheered at his remark to Louis. Including me.

"Anyway I have you're end of year play's. Yes, I know you're end of year performances are not until May but I got the scripts and have sorted out the groups and casting. You will start working on them when we get back from the Christmas holidays in January. You will be doing your current group plays until the end of this term. I wanted you to look at them now and spend the rest of this lesson reading through the scripts with the people you will be working with".

I crossed my fingers and looked at Louis "Please God let us be in a comedy".

"Amen if we do" Louis said and we smiled hopefully.

"The play's are all by John Godber, an English dramatist we will be studying in theory and the plays are 'Teachers', 'Voice of Hull' 'Odd Squad' and, my personal favourite, 'Bouncers'" Mr Bell said picking up some of the scripts.

"'Teachers' will be performed by George, Ellie, Meghan . . ."

I listened as Mr Bell read out the names of people in groups and the play's  they are performing.

Rae is in the 'Voice of Hull' but by the time Sir had called out of the other people in the room there were only three people left.

"And last, but not least, Louis, Madison and Zayn you will be doing 'Bouncers'" he said.

"Yes" The three of us cheered like we had just won Oscars.

Mr Bell came over and handed us our scripts.

"Whose playing who Sir?" Zayn asked.

"I'll let your guys know in a minute, I want to talk to everyone about their characters" Mr Bell said.

The three of us moved over to one of the corners of the drama studio to read through our scripts.

Five minutes into the read, we were wetting ourselves with laughter.

"Oh my God, this is brilliant" I said.

"I know. The three of us were built for this play" Louis said.

"We are going to make everyone laugh" Zayn said smiling.

"Hey" Louis said pointing his finger at Zayn and a silly tone in his voice "I'M the one who is going to make people laugh. You two are just those cool people that hang around the back. I'm the joker".

Zayn looked over at me and grew a smile that turned into a laugh. "We shall see about that".

Louis then broke into a smile and we all laughed.

"I can see you already like the play" Mr Bell said walking over to us.

"Love it Sir, I have never read something as comedic as myself" Louis said. I bite my lip as I tried to contain myself from laughing at his cockiness.