Chapter 25: Date

Madison's P. O .V

"Are we still up for today?" Harry asked me through the phone. I was sat on my bed with my phone to my ear and a maths book on my lap, pencil in my right hand writing notes.

"Yea of course" I said.

"Are you positive your mum is okay with you going out?" he asked. "I understand if she want's you home because of yesterday-"

"Yes Harry!" I said quickly "I'm positive".

"Okay, okay" I heard him say laughing a little.

"So are you going to tell me what we are doing?" I said smiling at his mysteriousness

"We are going to meet outside Bluewater in the car park at about 12 o'clock . . ." Harry started. I looked at my clock. Five past ten. "Then we are going to see a film and get some lunch afterwards".

"Nice" I said smiling. I have never actually been on a date so I was really looking forward to it. "I'm only twenty minutes away from Bluewater, I can walk".

"My mum's going to drop me off but I need to get the bus home" Harry said. "She's giving me thirty pounds".

"Lucky bastard" I said laughing a little "I'm only getting fifth-teen".

"Hmm that's no problem" Harry said "Listen I'm going to have a shower so I'm going to say bye and I'll see you later".

"Wait one thing before you go".

"What?"

"Perimeter of a triangle is side plus base right?"

I heard Harry laugh a little. "Put. The. Maths book. Down".

"Okay dream babe" I said giggling at his nickname, that I am starting like a little now. "See you in a few hours".

"See ya babe" Harry said and the line went dead.

I was writing down the last few notes I needed before closing my maths book. At that moment my mum opened my bedroom door and came in.

"Hey darling" she said.

"Hey mum" I said.

"I got you're money" she said placing fifth-teen pounds on my bed next to me.

"Cheers mum" I said getting my wallet off of the night table next to my bed and putting the money inside it. While I did this, mum placed herself on the end of my bed.

"Is it Harry and the lads your going out with today?" She asked.

"Yea . . . well . . . just Harry, actually" I said.

Mum nodded "Are you guy's a thing?"

I usually didn't speak to my mum about things like this but today something felt different.

"Sort of" I said slowly "We want to take thing's slow".

"Right" she said and then thought carefully about her next choice of words "Does he know?"

I shook my head. "No".

"Anything?"

"Not a thing" I said.

Mum moved closer to me and placed a hand on my leg "Is he anything like Mason?"

"No" I said "He's . . . different".

Mason was my boyfriend from the middle of year nine to the middle of year ten before he and his family moved to Canada, something to do with his dad's job I think. We were very close and I did really like him. He was only a few weeks older than me, a given since my birthday is January 31st. A lot of my mental problems had began to worsen by that stage in our relationship and him telling me he was leaving that spring didn't help. I was devastated. We had a goodbye party for him but we both felt it was best to break up.