Chapter 4: It's Friday

It's Friday Morning, all the sisters and Ms. Evelyn are having breakfast - Fried scrambled eggs, bacon rashers, toast and slices of tomatoes with a cup of coffee.

TONI: Uhm, so mom how are you doing today??

MS. EVELYN: I'm okay baby *a bit skeptical*, how you doing?

TONI: That's good mommy, i'm okay..... So I was wondering if it would be possible for Candy and I to sleep over at Kim's house this weekend?? She's having as slumber party and wants us to help her with the preparations.

MS. EVELYN: What kind of preparations Toni and did you speak to your dad??

Toni shivers a bit and don't quite know how to respond.

TRINA: You know mom, help with making popcorn, a salad, buying games and groceries??

TONI: Yes mommy, what Tri-ri said.. I was hoping that you could speak to dad and stuff for me?

TAMAR: *coughs*

Everybody stares at her.

MS. EVELYN: I'm not promising you anything baby, but I will speak to your father for you.

TONI: Thanks mommy, *gives her a hug*. I have to get going now or i'm going to be late for my first lesson.

MS. EVELYN: Okay baby, have a great day.

TONI: You too mom, bye everyone.

THE GIRLS: Bye Tone.

At Bowie State University:

TONI: Heyyy girls.

CANDY: Wasup Tone

KIM: Hey boo

TONI: So I kind of told my mom that we're having a slumber party at your house Kim and that I would be sleeping over for the weekend.

KIM: *Shocked* now Tone, why would you lie to your mom like that?

CANDY: Cause genius, we both know that her momma wasn't gonna allow her to go to no concert! You did well Tone, i'm kind of impressed ;-)

TONI: *Blushes*, I learn from the best Candy. Sorry Kim, I just had to do it.

KIM: It's cool Tone, plus I don't think that my parents are going to have any  problems with you sleeping over.

CANDY: Aaand, did Ms. Ev agree or throw a fit? We know how your momma is *laughs*

TONI: Ha ha, ha ha! She's going to speak to my dad and will see. All I know is that whatever my momma says, goes.

KIM and CANDY: Yes girl, that woman is something else.

TONI: Heeey, that's my mother! So please guys.

The girls head to class.. Have their lecturers and meet around 14h00.

Meanwhile... Babyface, Pebbles and Bobby Brown are having rehearsals with LA, Daryl and Nick (The sound engineer) present..

BabyFace's Playlist: "You Make Me Feel Brand New", "Faithful", "Chivalry" and "I Love You Baby" all from his debut album Lovers, with a special track Whip Appeal on the playlist.

Pebbles' Playlist: "Girlfriend", "Mercedes Boy" andher latest offerings "Take Your Time" and Do Me Right.

Bobby Brown's Playlist: "King of Stage", "You Ain't Been Loved Right", "Seventeen", "Girlfriend", "Mr Telephone Man/ Candy Girl (New Edition) and Girl Next Door.

NICK: I have great news for you all, we are sold out for tomorrow's concert.

Everybody : Yessss :)

BOBBY BROWN: I hope to score me one, I mean pshh..

Everybody laughs.

LA: That's awesome news guys. But we need to focus, who's singing when?

NICK: Well I think that we should open the show with Ms. Pebbles, since she has the least catalogue. Follow it with the Tender lover Mr Babyface himself and close it off with the bad boy Bobby Brown??

LA and FACE: That's perfect.. Face - I can't wait yo.

They finish off rehearsals, head to the airport and take a 19h00'o clock flight to Maryland. Everybody calls it an early night since they have to be mentally prepared for the concert.