Chapter 6: Love Is In The Air Concert

It's roughly 17:30. Toni remembers that she promised her parents that she'd give them a call once she arrived safely at Kim's house. She's a bit tipy from the 3 shots of tequilla.....
Babyface / Pebbles / Bobby and crew are all ready to rock out tonight.

TONI: Candy pass the phone here gurl, before my mom starts looking for me like a lost puppy

CANDY: Yeah Tone, better let momma Ev know that you're safe..

Toni says thanks and calls her house.

TAMAR: Hey, Toni Braxton. Gurl, where you at hah?

TONI: Hey Tamar, i'm with Candy, Kim and her friends. We're at a slumber party, please tell momma and pops that I arrived safely, we're done preparing the food and we're having an amazing time. .

TAMAR: Oooooh Toni, how could you go all the way to a slumber party and not think to invite the cutest little sister anybody could ask for? *smacks her lips*

TONI: Sorry Tamar, the rules said no under 20. I'll make it up to you though, oh before I forget. Please thank mommy and daddy for me.

CANDY: *yelling*, Toni we better get going if we plan on arriving there on time.

TONI: Hey Tayme, I gotta go now. I love you sissy .

TAMAR: Cool Tone, I love you too.

The girls all get into Toni's car. Since Candy hooked up the tickets, her and Kim will be splitting the petrol / gas money. They put in petrol and head to the concert.

18:56 - The girls arrive at the concert and run to take their seats.. They get there before Pebbles performs, so all is going smoothly.

19:00, Voice over projection: Maryland are you reeeeeady??

The audience roars (15 000+ people in attendance). The band wraps up setting up and are ready for show..

Voice over: Everybody get up on your feet and give it up for the one, the only talented and beautiful songstress Ms. Peeeeebbles.....

An even louder roar!

Pebbles: Performs her set for 20minutes +.... Thank you so much Maryland for supporting this tour, I love you all so much. Goodnight *crowd roars*.

10 Minutes Later

Voice over: Heyyy ladies, are you ready for Mr Tender Lover? I said are you ready for the smooth and ever talented singer, songwriter and record producer Mr BaaaabyFace?? Get up and give it up for Kenneth Babyface Edmoooonds....

Girls in the audience have just about lost their minds. Everybody is standing from their seats, there's a lot of pushing and screaming taking place.

Babyface opens up with his two songs Chivalry and Faithful.. He takes a seat on his piano and starts playing keys for his song *You Make Me Feel Brand New*, the ladies are still seranaded and totally in awe of Mr Face, except Toni Braxton who for some strange reason seemed nonchalant about her "future husband and baby daddy" performing.

BABYFACE: Cuts his band in the middle of the song - yo yo. I was wondering if one lucky lady out there would like to maybe join me on stage for the remainder of this song?

The crowd goes ballistic, even Kim and Candy are fanning hard on Babyface, but Toni couldn't look more relaxed...

BABYFACE: Looks around for a minute, until he's caught of guard by a gorgeous lady who couldn't look cooler. He calls her up - hey mean face standing right there *points at Toni*, I would really like for us to share the stage if it's okay with you???

TONI: Looking around to make sure that they're talking to her

KIM and CANDY: Tooooone it's you guuurl, why the fuck are you still here *freaking out*.

CANDY: All jokes and bs aside, this could be it Toni. Go and sing with that man before you lose an opportunity of a lifetime.

BABYFACE: Mean Face come on, I won't bite unless you want me to. Just give me the chance...

Toni nervous as hell and shaky tries to make her way to stage. The security helps her get onto the stage .

BABYFACE: Hey gorgeous, who hurt you?

**Crowd laughs** and Toni just stands there a bit embarrassed.

He continues: Don't worry princess, I promise to change that frown into a smile and with me you'll never have to worry, because *starts singing - God bless you, you make me feel brand new*

Toni's cheeks turns  pink and she was blushing like an angel had just fallen on earth. She exhales, takes the mic and starts singing along with Face. The crowd lose their gaddamn minds and especially Kenny..

BABYFACE: Cuts the music, hold the fuck up, whaaat?? Hey angel face, I didn't know that you had it like that, what's your name mean girl?

TONI: I'm Toni Braxton, sweet face and I doo, have it like that!

The crowd and Babyface laughs.

BABYFACE: Ooohk Ms. Toni Braxton I see that you've got jokes ha ha. Please do me the honour of helping me sing this song??

TONI: Okay Mr Edmonds, let's do this.

The music starts from where it left off, they sing  the song then Babyface tells Toni to wait for her at the backstage, she nods her head and walks off stage to a standing ovation..... Babyface wraps up with I Love You Babe and Whip appeal. He thanks everyone for coming out tonight, wishes them a good evening and rushes to the backstage.....

BOBBY BROWN : Gives a magnificent, exhilarating perfomance and closes the show with Candy Girl / Mr Telephone Man and Girl Next Door. He thanks everyone for coming out and tells them to drive home safely, He, Face and Pebbles love Maryland and the fine hunnies in the house.

And that's what happened at the "Love Is In The Air" concert.....