Chapter 20: 2 Years Later...

2 Years Later, January 1990.

Toni's pov: Whew, who knew that so much could happen in just two years?? Kenny finalised his divorce many moons ago and has since convinced me to move down to Atlanta. I eventually got a recording deal with LaFace Records, which he co-owns and will be recording pretty soon. Kim is now a Polotical Analyst in the Uk, while Candice is a Medical Examiner in Miami. Anyway I gotta get ready for today.

Toni does her morning hygiene routine, eats breakfast and heads to LaFace Records. She pulls up, goes through security and into the boardroom with LA and Kenny.

LA: Hey gorgeous, you're on time.

Toni: Morning LA, I'm always on time. *looks at Face*, hi Kenny.

Kenny: Hey Tone, how are you? *kisses her cheeck*.

Toni: *blushing *, I'm great thanks Ken. How are you?

Kenny: Good good, you may take a seat.

Toni: Thanks Ken *sits down*.

LA: So Toni, remember the three demo songs that you recorded for Anita Baker?

Toni: Yes, what about them? *confused look*.

LA: Well her management called and it seems like she won't be able to record any of the songs due to personal reasons.

Toni: That's a bummer :(, I hope it had nothing to do with my singing? I really went in hard

Kenny: Lol, just hear me out Tone.

Toni: Oohk, so what's gonna happen to the songs?

Kenny: I spoke to her personally trying to figure out the same thing, she asked us to use you instead :)

Toni: *Screaaming*, Aaaaaaaaah *starts dancing and singing * I'm gonna be a superstar, I will be a superstar.

Kenny and LA both chuckle, while Toni gives the both of them hugs.

Toni: Thaaank you Ken and LA. I've been waiting my whole life for this kind of opportunity :D :D.

Kenny: Everything happens exactly as it's 'posed to Tone. It's your turn to shine queen.

LA: Yup, this is it Toni. Don't mess up lol.

Toni: You know that I won't.. I'll do each and everything that's asked of me and give it my all. Singing is my life, I can't see myself existing in a world without music.

LA: I love the energy Toni, there's no way that Kenny and I will fail you. Anyway I can't wait to hear the final touches on the songs

Kenny: Yes, we need to add a more youthful element to the songs. They're a bit too jazzy.

Toni: How soon can we start??

Kenny: As soon as now??

Toni: Yeeay, let's go already Ken. I was born ready.

Kenny: Lol, give me 5 minutes then we can head out. I gotta use the Men's Room.

5 Minutes later, they head out to LaCoco Studios to rearrange and lay down the tracks. They start with Love Shoulda Brought You Home.

Toni *singing the last verse*.

Oh baby why
Why do men think that love's just for the moment
Not over time
Please tell me why
Why should I think that
You're gonna be sincere
Are you deserving
Don't blame me if
I just don't believe,
That you'll allways be here....

*Switches on his mic so that Toni can hear him*.

Kenny: I can't fault you on anything so far, that was too powerful Toni. You literally sent chills down my spine.