Chapter 5: Let The Fun Times Begin

It's Saturday morning, the 1 5th of January 1988. Babyface, Pebbles, Bobby Brown and their band have all arrived in Maryland and are busy with Tv / Radio interviews. Toni's fate of whether she'll be able to attend the Love Is In The Air concert still lies in the hands of her father Mr.Braxton.

09:00 Saturday Morning.

Toni goes to her parents' room and asks to speak to her mother in private, Ms.Ev agrees.

TONI: Morning Ma, I just spoke to Kim and she wants Candy and I to be there around 12. I was just wondering if you've already spoken to dad or not about the sleepover??

MS. EVELYN: Oh baby, It totally slipped my mind. I'm sure that daddy won't say no to you going over to Kim's. Have you even brushed your teeth yet?

TONI: No mommy, i'm about to. Please speak to daddy and no matter what, you can't take NO for an answer  :(.

Toni goes upstairs to do her morning hygiene routine, all of the siblings follow suite and momma Braxton goes upstairs to talk to papa Braxton.

MS.EV: Babe, Toni asked me if it was okay for her to go to Kim's house, they're having a pyjama party with the other girls and she would like to go.

MICHAEL SNR: What time does the party end? Seems like it's going to go into the night.... *serious tone*

MS. EV: That's the thing Michael, they're planning a sleep over since the party will be starting at 19h00. She has to be there early to help Kim prepare for the party.

MICHAEL SNR: What time is that and why didn't Toni speak to me? I'm kind of hurt Evelyn, you know....

MS. EV: Michael, she probably thought you'd say no. Shock her and allow the child to go to her friend's house, Toni is a very  good girl. I think she has to be there at noon.

MICHAEL SNR: Well since you've already agreed to her going, I don't see why not. Let's not make it too easy for her though * they both smirk*.

Toooni, Michael Snr shouts.

TONI: I'm coming..dad *nervously*.... Walks into the bedroom, yes dad?

MICHAEL SNR: Baby your mom here tells me that you want to go to a party, is that right?

TONI: Yes daddy, a slumber party with Kim and all of her friends.

MICHAEL SNR: Tone you know that you are not allowed to be going to no parties aaand, why didn't you ask me in time?

TONI: I know dad, i'm sorry for not telling you on time. I just thought you were going to say no and I can't afford to miss it.

MICHAEL SNR: I'm sorry Toni, but your mom and I have decided that you can't go. We havent spoken to Kim's parents and it's a little too late for that, hope you understand?

TONI: *With a little tear running down her face*.. It's okay dad, *sniff* I understand *sniffs again*.

MS. EV: Sorry Tone, you'll go there next year :(.

TONI : Thanks mom, I know you tried *sniffs*.

MICHAEL SNR: Toni are you crying??

TONI: Sorry daddy, I didn't mean to.

MICHAEL SNR: Well baby, I now see how much going to that party would mean to you and know that you are a responsible child. Go on, have fun! But don't forget to call us when you get there, okay?

TONI : *In disbelief* Really daddy? Oh my word, thank you, thank you very much *wipes her face off and runs to her room to call Candy and Kim over a two way conference call*.

Both girls: Hello ??

TONI: Hey girls, it's Toni.

Candy: Hey Michelle, girl tell me that you'll be coming with us to tonight's concert?

KIM: Please say yes Toni, I spoke to my parents and they're cool with you sleeping over.

TONI: They both said yess *screams*

Both girls: scream even louder..

CANDY: We'll be getting ready at my house, be there around 12:00??

Both: Done!!

Toni goes back to her room and packs her overnight bag pack... Meanwhile on Morning Express frequency 97.6

Radio Presenter: Gooood morning, on a cold, but sunny Saturday morning. Today in studio we've got special guests.... *does the drum roll*, i'm talking about BABYFACE, the gorgeous Pebbles aaaaand bad boy Bobby Brown.

BABYFACE : Helllo Maryland.

BOBBY: Wasssssssup

PEBBLES; *sexy voice* Goood morning everybody. Pebbles here

Radio presenter: We don't have much time, so please let the listeners at home know what are y'all doing here?

PEBBLES: Well... Face, Bobby and I are having a concert called Love Is In The Air happening tonight at 19:00'o clock at the Green Cross Mall *totally made up*

Radio host: Woooow, what a line up. What can people expect?

BABYFACE: An evening filled with love, steamy romance and passion

BOBBY : Yes sir! Also you can expect to be entertained and walk away with your money's worth.

Radio Host: Sounds super exciting, i'll definitely be there.... I hear that it's a sell out??

BOBBY: Yessssss, sold out.

PEBBLES: So if you're one of those people who didn't purchase tickets on time, booyah *laughs*. .

Radio Host: Ooops... Seems like we ran out of time, thank you so much Face, Pebbles and Bobby for coming out here. We really appreciate your presence and wish you the best of luck for tonight?

Face/Pebbles / Bobby: Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

They proceed with 1 more radio show and 2 tv appearances..

Meanwhile at Candy's house:

TONI and KIM bang on the door with excitement. All ready for tonight.

KIM: Giiirl, open the dooor...

CANDY: *shouting*, I'm cooooming, I mean shoot y'all..

The girls goof around while getting ready for tonight's concert... Candy is on the left, Kim in the middle and Toni on the left. They're all looking lovely and decide to have 3 shots of tequila each before the concert