Chapter 2: Present day, 1988

It's Mondaymorning  (January 1988) everybody (except for papa Braxton who already left for work and Toni who's late) is seated on the dinning table, sharing breakfast.

TONI: **rushing down the stairs**, Hi mommy, hi everyone.. Takes her cereal, dunks it into her mouth and as she was about to head for the door running.

MS. EVELYN: Now Toni, have you lost your darn mind??? What kind of behaviour is this and why in the world are you having a one-man marathon in the house?? That's a very bad example that you're setting for your siblings. Come back to the table, and young lady? I Mean NOOOW!!!!

TAMAR: Ooooh giiirl, you're in big trouble *giggles*.

TONI: *whispering* shut up Tamar.. Speaks up loudly - Ah, i'm sorry mommy. I'm running a bit late today, please forgive me for my misordely conduct.

TAMAR: What you say Toni, speak up so that we can all hear you *cuts her eyes off at Toni*.

THE GIRLS : Laughing.

MS. EVELYN: It's okay baby, you're forgiven. But please don't be running down the house like you don't got some sense in you. You can leave, actually all of you must get going.

TONI: Kisses everyone on the cheek, says bye and runs to her car.

20 MINUTES LATER:

KIM and CANDY: *screaming* Hey Toni, we're right here boo boo.

CANDY: Yo, move! Can't you see that my girl is on her way to take a seat???

TONI: embarrassed**, she says thanks to the people who've made space for her to pass... Hey you two, Candy you don't always have to be so loud and rude. It's kina of  embarrassing

KIM : *laughing* Preeach Michelle! This one is a problem.

CANDY: Tone? You're welcome girl. I was just helping the cause.... Anyway have you guys heard about the concert taking place on Saturday (15th of January) at the Mall??

TONI: Nope.

KIM: Are you talking about that Pebbles, Babyface and Bobby Brown concert?? Child I'm there.

CANDY: Yess girl, I got a connect who works at the centre. She's my cousin's ex's bestfriend's sister.

TONI and KIM: Both laughing

TONI: I don't even know what that means *lol*, but come again. Thee Babyface, Mr Whip Appeal himself will be performing??

*Toni's POV*: OMG, this is it.. My one chance of meeting the one guy I want to produce music for me, not only that but my everyday man crush and baby daddy Babyface??? *faaaints*.

CANDY: Yes girl, I just said that. Why are you acting like I didn't mention Bobby Brown??? *blushing*

KIM: Yes girl, that bro-th-er is fiiiine.. Hello 555-Hook-A-Sista-Up, may I please speak to Bobby?

ALL THREE : *laughing hard*

TONI: Get the hook up, and a sister will be there

KIM: You don't gotta ask me.

CANDY : I got this....

10mins later ( Lecturer walks into the classroom and everybody settles down)......

Meanwhile... Babyface, LA Reid and Daryl Simmons are in studio working on the super hit song "Superwoman" by Karyn White.

Babyface: I've got the first two verses, any idea of how we can get the chorus??

Daryl : Humming the chorus, and singing it. Yes, yes, I got it.

LA: Perfect guys, i'll get the last verse... Call Karyn and tell her that we're done, she can record it 2mrr morning.

Face: Good point. This is gonna be a smash, I mean Whoa! Well i'm out, LA I think that you should give her a ring.

LA: Cool stuff man. I'm out too, cheers guys.

Daryl: I'll be working on something, it's cool I'll lock up. Have a good one