Chapter 3: Conversation with Candy

It's Thursday around 18h30, the family just finished having dinner and Toni wants to find out how far Candy is with her contact person. She's looking forward to some good news and isn't a bit worried about her parent's reaction **for now**. All she wants to really know is whether Candy got them tickets or not! She gives her a call....

TONI: Hey Candice, how you doing sis?

CANDY: Eyy sis, i'm doing just fine Tone. So wassup?

TONI: I'm cool... Well I wanted to find out if you've got the tickets for Saturday yet??

CANDY: Oh yes girl, about that... *silence*

TONI: Candy just say it, you're killing me.

CANDY: Well Tone I said no to general tickets, we can't be rolling with cheap ass tickets.

TONI: *raising her voice* GIRL, WHAT? Are you crazy? I mean they're free tickets and I really

CANDY: *interrupts Toni* I said no to general tickets, because I managed to get us the front row seats. So YESS Toni, we're on for Saturday

BOTH: Screaming.....

TONI: Thank u, thank u Lord. Candy, you're the best friend a girl could ever ask for...

CANDY: Well Toni Michelle, I am the bomb. You know this. So what you gon wear??

TONI: Girl, what am I going to wear?? Oh nooOoo *panicking* and hangs up.
Her POV: Shyyt! I haven't even told mommy and daddy about this concert, now I gotta worry about an outfit?? Help me Jesus :(.

CANDY: Tooooni?? Oh well, goodnight then. Shoot!!!

MIKEY: Ey Tone, you're okay? I mean you're pacing all over the room.

TONI: Yes Mikey, i'm totally Okay--Not!!! Here's the thing. Candy told Kim and I about this Love Is In The Air concert which will be taking place on Saturday. She told us that she has a contact and was gonna get us tickets, which I thought that she was bluffing.
MIKEY: And sooo? *dazzled*

TONI: Sooo Mikey, now I have to figure out what i'm going to be wearing.... :(

MIKEY: Really Tone?? Urgh, you women are sometimes so petty! I don't get it. You've got a lot of dresses, why don't you wear one?

TONI: Miiiikey! Pay attention. So the other problem is, how am I going to tell mommy? *acts like she's about to faint*.

MIKEY: Now that Toni, that's what you should worry about. Call the girls.
Toni runs to Towanda, Trina and Traci's room. (Toni and Mikey share a room, the 3 sisters share a room, Tamar sleeps with Mr and Mrs Braxton)

TONI: Giiiirls, I need your help. If you can help me now, I swear that i'll return the favour

TRACI: Toni, are you pregnant?? -_-

TONI: Nooo, *gives her the wtf look*, NO! I'm not pregnant Traci..

THE GIRLS: Whew, thank God.

TOWANDA: So Toni, what's up?

Toni explains everything to the girls, then - I need you guys to cover up for me with mommy and a little help with putting my outfit together.

THE GIRLS: Do their special handshake.

TRACI: Toni you worry too much, just tell mommy that you'll be sleeping over at Kim's and hire a motel with your friends or so.

TONI: You sound like you've done this before.... Sounds like a good plan, thanks a lot sissies.

She hugs and kisses them all on their cheeks, they say their prayers and call it a night!