Chapter 20 | One Last Night

Mitch's POV

"He asked me out."

I stopped everything I was doing including breathing. I felt a sharp jab in my chest before I slowly slipped down from his chest.

"What did you reply?" I asked quietly.

"I... I said, 'why not.'" He asked sitting up.

"Oh." I said turning away from him.

Why am I even getting upset over this? This is stupid. You need to be happy for your best friend.

"Mitchie?"

"Well now I need to get a model faced and bodied boyfriend too" I say turning around smiling at him.

He frowned and cupped my cheeks while shuffling closer to me. His thumb wiped away a tear. I didn't even know I was crying.

"Why all the tears Mary?"

"Tears of happiness." I said plastering a huge smile on my face. He smiled a little before giving me a hug.

"Come to me if you need any advice and Mommy will help." I said in a motherly tone.

"Okay baby." He said pulling the blankets up, implying for me to sleep with him like every other night.

Tempted, but I can't do that. He has a boyfriend and it's not me.

I stood up, pushed the luggage off of the other bed before slowly getting in it. I turned to face the wall, feeling his eyes burn into the back of my head.

"Mitchie..."

"Hm?"

"You...Never mind. Good night."

"Okay."

I sighed softly before staring at the wall as my vision started to blur with tears. I fell asleep after a while.

Scott's POV

I looked at the clock. 3 57am. I'm still not asleep.

Why did Mitch go to the other bed? Is he mad at me for dating Alex? He's not even my boyfriend. He just asked me out for dinner... romantically.

I turn over just to see Mitch frowning in his sleep. I sat up, tempted to go and kiss his frown away. I heard him whimper softly and suddenly he started to cry. I felt a sharp jab in my chest.

"I've had it." I mumble, standing up and slipping into his bed. I hug him tightly and turn him around to face me. His eyes flutter open and he looks at me with watery eyes and a few tears escape his beautiful hazel brown eyes.

I lean down and kiss his forehead. Moving down to his perfect nose, then his cheeks, kissing away each and everyone of his tears away. He smiles a bit, his eyes swollen from his crying.

"Just one last night" he mumbles before turning around and tucking his body, fitting it with mine.

"I love you Mitchie"

He hesitated but still said, "I love you Scott."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Or

HAPPY BOXING DAY!!!!

Depends on where you all are from :)

~Lynn