Chapter 37 | Promise

A'N: This update just for @DylanFarrell  :*

And every single reader that made up the 5K.

Thank you and I love y'all so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch's POV

He's kissing me. Scott Richard Hoying. Is. Kissing. Me.

I close my eyes to savour the kiss for one second,  but when my eyes completely shut, images of Taylor flashed through my mind.

Out of instinct, my arms reach out and I push Scott away with the strength I have left. My hands go up to my lips to touch it. It felt as if it was on fire, but it felt like heaven.

"I'm sorry, that was stupid." Scott said looking at the ground.

"No... I... I really liked it." I say.

His eyes meet mine and shines.

"Then what's wrong?"

I can't tell him why I pushed him away. He'll hate me even more. I'm dirty. I can't ruin this. Wait. Did he like it?

"No-Nothing."

"No. What's wrong?"

Think of an excuse.

"You aren't- You aren't suppose to- ki- kiss your best friend." I say feeling a stinging sensation behind my eyes.

"No. That's not what's wrong. You're lying."

"I'm not."

"Mitchell, I know when you are lying. You can't lie to me."

"Maybe you don't know me then."

There was a piercing silence in the room.

"What did Taylor do to you?"

I felt myself flinch when he mentioned his name and I could still taste him. Ew. I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek and saw Scott's face soften and regret in his eyes. I felt myself stand up and walk into my room and shut the door.

I fell onto my bed and start crying into the pillow.

I'm so fucking pathetic.

For some reason, I had that seed of hope, hope that he will come in and kiss me again and again and again.

But that never happened. 

Scott's POV

I shouldn't have done that. I ruined everything. Oh no. Oh no... 

Okay maybe he won't remember anything? And if he does, just say that he didn't mean to kiss him and it was heat of the moment.

That makes sense right?

I lie in my bed in the middle of the night and I can't fall asleep. Mitchie...

I stand up and I go outside to grab some water, but when I walked past Mitch's room, I heard whimpers and soft screams.

My heart completely breaks apart. 

I can't go in there. It'll make everything worse.

I drag myself back into my room forgetting about the cup of water.

It was heat of the moment.

Right?

Wait. I have a boyfriend.

I managed to fall asleep at around 5 am. But woke up at 9, to 10 texts from Alex. I was about to open them to reply, when I heard a scream come from Mitch's room.

I jump out of my bed, ran to his room and dove into his bed, hugging him tightly. I was expecting him to relax in my embrace but instead, he screamed even more and pushed me roughly to get out of my grip.

"Ple-Please stop. I don't want to do this. Please..." He screamed, his voice cracking a bit. I looked at him, and I could see tears streaming down his face and his hands gripping the pillow tightly. His whole body shaking underneath his sheets, and it wasn't because he was cold. He was scared. Scared.

"Mitchell." I say softly.

"N-No."

"Mitch."

"Stop, please." His body turned away. 

"Mitchie. Please." I say as softly as possible, "I won't hurt you, baby boy."

"Scottie... please don't hurt me." He mumbled, finally accepting my embrace.

"I won't even think about it."

His eyes opened and his red, teary eyes met mine and my heart broke at the sight. He looked so vulnerable.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

We stayed in that position for a long time, before he spoke up.

"What happened last night?"

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGAIN I LOVE ALL OF YOU

~Lynn <3