Chapter 54 | Friends

Mitch's POV

I looked over to my phone as it vibrates.

Jackson💦: last night was great and this morning. It's nice to get to know you a little.

I smiled at the text. I picked up my coffee cup as I walked away from Scott and into my room to lie on my bed.

Me: you were damn good last night, and i'm only friends with you because you're dick is so big.

Jackson💦: ouch... 😂

Me: Im kidding. You're a really nice guy.

Jackson: You too. I hope we can be friends?

Me: definitely.

Me: oh... you wanted to ask me a question this morn? But couldnt remember.

Jackson💦: oh oh... who's Scott?

Scott's POV

Mitch just walked out of the room without another word. Just because he got a text from this Jackson dude.

What if this is a repeat of Taylor? No... Mitch said he didn't want a relationship. He would tell me this time.

He would...

I sat on the couch with my hands in my hair.

No I can't keep doing this. I can't. Mitch is my best friend.

I stood up grabbed my keys and wallet, not bothering to tell Mitch and I went out.

I took my car and I drove. I kept driving and driving with the windows down.  I stopped by a park that I've never seen before...

How long have I been driving?

I got out of my car and sat on one of the benches to get some fresh air.

I let out a sigh, "what am I doing?"

Suddenly, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder as I lifted my head from my hands.

"Mister?" There was a small girl looking at me, her head tilted to the right a bit. "Are you alright?"

I smiled. "I'm fine."

"If you are lonely, I don't mind sharing Ruby..." she said.

I looked down at her hands. She was clutching onto a pink bear with a ribbon.

"Thank you sweetie. That's very nice of you. Where are your parents?"

She pointed behind her at a lady who was keeping watch of the girl from a safe distance.

"Mommy said that life is hard... And that men are d... Digs? I don't know what that means? But mommy is sad and I saw you here and wondered if I could cheer you up." She rambled, slurring some words as she started playing with Ruby.

I let out a chuckle.

"Well thank you for cheering me up honey."

She looked at me with wide eyes, " I did that?" She said pointing at the small smile resting on my face.

"Yes sweetie, you did."

She turned around and ran of to the lady to give her a big hug.

From here I could hear their conversation.

"I cheered mister up!" She said as she was picked up by her mom.

"I can see that baby. You're such a good girl." The lady said. She looked at me and have me a soft smile and I returned one.

I stood up and walked to my car opening up my GPS.

I need to get home...

Mitch's POV

What? I don't remember mentioning Scott in our conversation this morning.

Me: why?

Jackson💦: uh... well... you sort of were screaming his name instead of mine last night. NOT THAT I MIND. It's okay. Is he your ex?

Me: haha no. And I'm so sorry.

I buried my face in my hands.

How could I have done that?

Jackson💦: its fine. Who is he?

Me: my best friend...

There was a pause in our conversation.

Jackson💦: wow... you're in a worst situation than me...

I let out a laugh.

Me: figuring you're gay isn't that bad... being gay rocks.

Jackson💦: i know i know but my choice of  going out and hooking up with guys for the past few months is pretty bad.

Me: cant argue with that.

Jackson💦: you have no say. You're in love with your best friend.

Me: that I am...

I let out a sigh as I stared at the ceiling. There goes my plan of forgetting him...

I said his name instead of Jackson's. No. I moaned and screamed his name instead of Jackson's... That's... great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

My family is just in a really bad state right now. My god dad was just admitted into a hospital at a critical state, and I come from a SHIT country, and the stupid international hospitals wouldn't accept him. But he's in a government one now...

So I just started high school and it's already stressing my out. I fucking hate it. I really fucking do.

I... I'm gonna shut up now.

Thank you guys for reading this chapter.

~Lynn <3