Chapter One

It's sorta depressing for now....

Oh and there is some cusing but not that bad.

*ring ring*

"hello." I answered my phone.

"Hi yes is Skyler there?" Someone asked.

"Yes."

"Uh this is the presidents assistant and we were asked by the president to tell you that you need to get the hell out of his country because your too fat and ugly to live here." The person said through the phone then laughed a little.

I hung up. This wasn't new. I always got phone calls from people at school telling me much worse things. It usually didn't bug me unless I was having a bad day which was most days now that my best friend moved. We never really talk anymore and we weren't extremely close when he moved. We were more like just people who hung out sometimes. I've never had a best friend. People just don't like me I guess.

"Skyler! Get your ass down here and come make us diner!" My step mom yelled up to me.

"Be right there!"

Three years ago my parents got divorced. My dad had found someone and married her. My mom also found someone and married him. Honestly I think they were cheating on each other.

My step mom, Julie and my dad have never treated me right. They always beat me and make me do everything for them.

My mom and step dad, Frank were the nicer of my families but Frank... He was almost as bad to me as my dad and Julie were. When my mom wasn't around he would hit me and make me do everything for him.

Whenever I had a bruise on me Frank, Julie, and my dad told me to say that I fell for an excuse for how I really got them so that's what I did.

I am an only child so whenever one of them gets mad, I'm the person they go and beat on. I have no one to turn to for help for anything. I was alone in this world.

*BANG*

My bedroom door shot open.

"What the hell are you waiting for? I'm going to starve to death!" Julie said.

I stood up from my bed which was the floor with one blanket and one pillow.

"I'm sorry." I said.

As I passed Julie she slapped my face. I flinched but kept walking. I went downstairs and to the kitchen. I described just to make something easy so I made chicken an Mac and cheese. Once it was finished cooking I got three plates down and put some food on then. I took two plates out to the table where my dad and Julie ate. They made me eat in the kitchen. I ate fast so I could finish before they did.

Once they were finished I washed everything. I went out to the living room to where they were.

"I'm going to bed if you don't need anything else." I said.

"We don't. Now leave." My dad said.

I went up to my room and shut the door. Not even three minutes later the door flew open.

"You have to help someone move tomorrow. They work with me. Ill give you a ride and you better not complain to them. Do everything they say." My dad said then slammed my door shut.

I got my pj's and my bag of bathroom necessities and went to the bathroom. I took a shower then got ready for bed. I went to my room and shut the door. I laid down on my "bed".

I say a prayer every night and pray that no one ever has to suffer the was I do. I shut my eyes and minutes later fell asleep.