Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

*ding-dong* the door bell rang. A minute later there was a knock on my door. I took a deep breath.

"Come in." I said.

My door opened and there stood my best friend. We made eye contact immediately. I was sitting on the edge of the bed with a blanket over my legs. Hunter came in and shut the door.

He came over and sat next to me. We never broke eye contact. Hunter hugged me and I lost it.

"Shh. It's ok." He said rubbing my back.

We sat there like that for ten minutes while I cried. I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's ok." Hunter said. He whipped away my tears.

"Are you okay?" Hunter asked.

I shook my head no.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Everything..." I said.

Without thinking I moved the blanket off my legs. Hunter looked down and brushed his finger tips over the legs.

"What happened?"

I looked down and saw the busies forming from where frank had grabbed my legs. I stood up and grabbed my crutches.

I walked over to my full length mirror. I couldn't imagine what my tummy looked like.

I held my breath and lifted my shirt up a little and there was already a bruise.

I pulled it up more and the whole bottom half of my tummy was turning purple.

I saw Hunter stand up and walk behind me.

I grabbed the top if my pants. I pulled them down a little. It was all bruised there too.

"Skyler?" Hunter said.

I turned so I was facing him. He looked down at my tummy. He lightly touched it with his fingers. I flinched.

I looked up into his eyes. He looked back and I saw so many emotions go through them.

"Who did this to you?" He asked.

"Frank..... He...... He......" I couldn't say it. Tears started forming in my eyes again.

"He rapped me." I said so quietly I didn't think he heard me. Tears started streaming down my cheeks.

"When?"

"Today right after I got home from the hospital." I said.

"My mom went to the store and I was in here with.... Someone and we were messing around and then Frank came in and the other guy just watched. He was just using me for sex..." I said.

"Were you in the hospital for your leg?" Hunter asked.

I nodded my head yes.

"Was it Frank?"

"No it was my dad. He ran it over... On purpose." I said. More tears streaming down my face.

"I forgot to give Julie money for gas so she was out of gas on the side of the road.... He just left me out there......... They all hit me but my mom." I said and lost it again. Hunter grabbed me and hugged me again.