Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

"Skyler. Skyler wake up." My mom said.

I opened my eyes. She touched my shoulder and I flinched. I was so sore.

"Where did James go?" My mom asked.

"Uh... He had to leave." I said holding back tears.

"Ok. Here take some medicine." My mom said. I sat up and took it.

"You look tired. You back to sleep." My mom said.

I laid back down. She kissed me forehead and left.

I turned on my radio to distract myself. A new song came on the I never heard before but the voice sounded so familiar. The song ended.

"That was Hunter's new single, Wanted. He stopped by tonight." The radio guy said.

"Hey thanks for having me." I froze.

"So Hunter I'm sure everyone wants to know, who was that song about." The radio guy said.

"Well... It's about my best friend. She meant everything to me but I could never tell her how I feel. I moved away from her 2 years ah and we haven't talked in a while. Actually she's from here."

"Well maybe she heard it tonight. Thanks Hunter. That was Hunter Hayes everybody. We'll be right back."

It went to commercial.

Hunter Hayes.

My best friends name.

But it couldn't be about me right? I grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and scrolled through my contacts till I found his name. I held my finger over the call button for a minute before I hit it. It rang twice.

"Hello?" Hunter answered.

"Hunter?" I asked.

"Skyler?"

"Yeah." I said.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Was that.... Song... About me?" I asked.

"You heard it?"

"Yes." I said.

"It is about you." He said. I went silent.

"Are you still there?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah."

"Can I come see you?" Hunter asked.

"Now?"

"Yeah." Hunter said.

"Yes."

"Who's house are you at?" Hunter asked.

"My moms." I said.

"I'll be there in like ten minutes." "Ok." I said.

"Bye."

"Bye." I said and hung up.

"Mom." My mom came in my room.

"Yes?" She asked.

"I know it's sudden but Hunter is coming over in like ten minutes..... Can you send him up here?" I asked.

"Sure." She said then left.