Chapter Three

Chapter 3

"Thank you Skyler for all your help today." Karen said waving to me.

"Of course." I said getting into my dads truck.

The drive home was dead silent. Until we were two minutes away.

"When we get home get you stuff and ill take you to your moms." My dad said.

We pulled up in the driveway. My dad stayed in the car while I got out. I went inside and up to my room. I shut my door and slid down the back so I was sitting on the floor.

What did I just do? You idiot! I just had sex with a guy I had only known for a day. But I trusted him. I feel safe when I'm with him. Ok. Your fine. We have each others numbers, so we can talk. It's not like it will be a one day fling. Ok.

I stood up and got all the stuff I needed. I always have to take a second after something happens and talk my self through it.

I got all my stuff and headed downstairs. I went outside and got in the truck. My dad pulled out of the driveway and started off.

We were about halfway to my moms house when my dads phone rang.

"Hello.... Oh.... Ill take care of it. Be there soon." He hung up and pulled over to the side of the road.

"Get out." He said.

"What?"

"Get out. You didn't give Julie money for gas so now she is on the side if the road out if had so get the hell out of my car so I can go pick her up."

"Are you serious?" It stared raining.

"Get out of the car and walk the rest of the way you damn bitch." He slapped me across the face.

I opened the door and it out. I slammed the door then started walking. The next thing I know I'm on the ground an my leg hurt.

I then relized my dad had just ran over my leg and left me here all alone. The rain was going into the cut and it was starting to burn. I didn't even try to get up so I dug my phone out and called James.

"Hello sweet stuff." He answered.

"James..." I barley or out without screaming.

"Baby what's wrong?" I heard him stand up.

"My dad ran over my leg.... And left me out here alone..." I said and a little moan escaped my mouth.

"Where are you?" He asked then called for his mom.

"Vickers st." I said.

"Ok ill be right there. Just stay on the phone with me ok?"

"Ok...." I said and moaned again.

"Where were you guys going?" I heard their car start.

"To my moms house. They are divorced." I said.

The pain was getting worse. "Has he ever done this to you before?"

"No but...."

"But what?" James asked.

I moaned.

"Baby stay with me." James said.

"I can't say." I said.

"It's ok, I won't tell anyone. Just tell me."

"He and my step mom, they..... Abuse me... And so does my step dad when my mom isn't around. But don't tell anyone... No one can know" I said.

I heard a car pull up and the door open. Someone came over to me. I guess they lived closer than I thought.

"Baby we're here." James said.

He grabbed my phone and put it down. He stroked my face. His mom came over.

"We're gonna take you to the hospital ok?" James said.

I nodded my head. Him and his mom helped me into the car. James sat in the back with me. His mom started driving.

"James." I said barley. He grabbed my hand.

"What?"

"It hurts really bad. And everything's spinning." I said.

I closed my eyes.

"Stay awake. Baby. You have to stay awake." James said.

My head was in his lap. He used his other hand and stroked my face.

"I can't..." I said.

"Yes you can. You...."

Everything went black.