Chapter 9

Alexa’s POV (Wednesday, January 31st)

Guess what? Okay, I’ll just tell you. Tomorrow is February 1st, and do you know what that means? Harry’s surprise birthday party! Yeah, I’m way too happy right now. Don’t judge me.

“Guys, I can’t believe Harry’s turning 18 tomorrow!!” I squeal. “Oh really? Ya don’t say! Cuz, ya know, I didn’t hear you the first 58 times!” Abi says sarcastically as she rolls her eyes. “Ok, it wasn’t 58 times.” I disagree. “Yeah, you’re right. It’s more like 59.” Alli jokes. I playfully punch her arm as we laugh. Ok, maybe I was talking about it a lot, but you can’t blame me! My boyfriend is turning 18 tomorrow, and that’s something really special to him. He’s going to officially be an adult, well, technically anyway.

It’s the end of the school day, and unfortunately I have to stay for detention. The good thing is today’s my last day for it. The restraining order was put in place a few days ago, so now me and Brittany have to be in different rooms from each other at all times while we’re here. Trust me, that’s perfectly fine with me.

“I’ll see you guys later!” I wave to my friends. They wave back at me as the go out to the parking lot. That’s another downside of this whole detention thing. This whole week I had to take the bus home. Ew. I walk to the detention room, sign in, and take a seat. Here comes the 45 minutes of boredom.

~

The last bell of the school day rang ad I zoomed out of that classroom. Pulling out my phone, I call Gemma.

“Hey, Lexa! Are you still coming over?”

“Yup! Harry’s not home yet, right?” I ask.

“Nope. He’s over at Liam’s house planning some event.”

“Perfect! I’ll catch the bus to your house then!” I say.

“Alright. I’ll be waiting. See ya!”

“Ok, see you later!” I say, ending the call.

Getting on the bus, I tell the bus driver that I’m going to Harry’s house. He nods his head and signals for me to go find a seat. Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I take a seat in the way back, that way I can be alone. I put on my headphones and listen to a few Justin Bieber songs during the ride.

The familiar driveway appeared and instantly I knew I arrived. Quickly, I grab my things and get off the bus. Scurrying to the house, I press the doorbell. A few seconds later Gemma came. “Come on in, Lexa!” she greets as she holds the door open for me.

“Let’s talk in my room just in case Harry comes back early.” She tells me. I nod my head and follow her to her room. Gemma’s bedroom has a girly kind of vibe. The walls are painted a lavender color and are adorned with purple felt butterflies. Various purple colored lanterns hang from the ceiling. The bed has white, lavender, and purple colored covers and pillows. A lavender Carebear sits on the bed. Apparently her favorite color is purple.

“Ok,” Gemma says as she closes the door, “what have you gotten Harry so far?”

We both take a seat at the foot of her bed. “He’s always talking about how he wants a ‘sick new watch’, so I bought one for him. It’s a silver watch with diamonds by Gucci.” I say proudly. It was almost $6,000, but the cost doesn’t matter to me. As long as he likes it, I’m fine.

“Oh, that sounds nice! Can I see?” she asks. I pull out my phone and show her the picture of it. “Damn, Harry’s gonna love this.” She tells me. I smile and nod. Just thinking about his smile when he opens his gift makes me even more happier inside.

“Let’s check our lists and see if we have everything.” I tell her. We pull up our notes on our phones and start reading things out.

Music- check

Food- check

Gifts- check

Outfits- check

Games/Entertainment- check

Now onto the guest list!

Liam Payne- check

Louis Tomlinson- check

Zayn Malik- check

Niall Horan- check

Alli Guyer- check

Eleanor Calder- check

Perrie Edwards- check

Abi Evans- check

Gemma and I added a few more of Harry’s friends from school to the list. When I say a few more, I mean like 30 more people. Yeah, Harry has a lot of friends.

“Hey Gem, what about his friends from England? Do you think they would come out here?” I ask her. Harry’s always taking about his mates back in England and how he misses them so much. Maybe if we could just get some of them to come, he’ll truly have the best birthday ever!

“I actually didn’t even think of that! I’ll text them and see what they can do. If they can’t come we can always set up a video chat for Harry to still be able to talk to them.” Gemma says. Her fingers moved swiftly as she texted her British friends.

“So far Andy, Will, Jane, and Wren are coming.” She announces. “Ok. Is there anything I should know about them?” I question. I’m trying to make Harry’s birthday party the best, so if that means knowing a few things about his British friends then that’s what I’ll have to do.

“Yup! Andy and Will are brothers. They were Harry’s bestfriends when we lived in Cheshire. Wren and Jane are our cousins.” She informs me. “Oh, I can remember that!” I say.

Gemma and I talked for a little while longer until I decided to go home. Once I got home Alli drove me and Abi to the Beverly Hills Malls. We’re meeting up there with Eleanor and Perrie. I already found my outfit for the party, but the other girls haven’t, so I’m just helping them.

Each girl found a nice dress, a pair of heels, and some jewelry after shopping for a whole 2 hours. As Eleanor would say, ‘You can’t rush perfection!’

Once we walked out of the store, we headed to Starbucks. I ordered all of us Mocha Frappes. Alli found us a table to sit at. “Ya know, we’ve been doing all this stuff for Harry’s birthday party, but you’re birthdays are coming up soon, too! Have you guys even thought about what you want?” Perrie asks me and Abi.

Realization hits us as Abi and I remember that our birthday is in about 2 weeks. I can’t believe I forgot all about it. “Truthfully, I don’t really want anything.” I reply. “Yeah, I agree with you. I have Liam and he’s all I really want and need for my birthday.” Abi says with a small. We all ‘aw’ at what she said. I swear her and Liam are just way too cute together!

After talking for a about a half an hour, we said our goodbyes to El and Perrie. Alli dropped me and Abi off at our house. Jogging to my room, I quickly take a shower and change into my pajamas. Snuggling under the covers, I think about how great tomorrow is going to be. No one better mess up Harry’s birthday or they’ll have a problem on their hands. Just sayin.

_______________________________________________________________________

(A/N): Aw!! This is cute! I can’t wait to upload the next chapter! By the way, please don’t vote for the story just to un-vote it. It makes me feel like my story sucks. Other than that I hope the rest of you liked this chapter!!

-Autumn