Chapter 28

Harry’s POV

That Wednesday morning I’m woken up by the smell of bacon, eggs, and chocolate chip pancakes. Not wanting to waste any time, I quickly get washed and dressed. Once I finish dressing, I fix my bed-head hair into something decent and presentable.

“Goodmorning mum, Robin, Gemma.” I greet as walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Robin nods his head in acknowledgement while Gemma completely ignores me and continues to read her magazine.

“Goodmorning sweetie!” my mum kisses my cheek as she hands me my plate. “By the way, I called Mariah about the tea party yesterday. She’s coming over this afternoon so I’ll remember to talk to her about the party.”

“Thank you so much! She’s going to have the best birthday ever!” I say happily. Hopefully Mrs.Evans agrees to let us host the party at her house. If she does then that would be perfect. It can’t be anything else but perfect.

~

Once I got to the school, I meet up with Liam in the parking lot. Since we’re here about a half an hour early, we decided to discuss our plans for the party.

“My mum is gonna try to convince Mrs.Evans to let us throw the party at her house. Their having tea together this afternoon.” I tell him.

“I hope she agrees because she’s kind of our last choice. Abi and Lexa’s birthday is in 2 days, so now it’s crunch time. We seriously have to start getting things set up soon.” Liam warns.

“I know, mate. My mum’s gonna text me what Mariah’s answer was right after lunch. If she said yes, which hopefully she does, we can start buying all the supplies right after school.”

“Perfect! Then on Thursday we can have the girls sleepover one of their friends’ place so we can start decorating their house for the party!” he announces. Since our idea is just so genius, the two of us share a fist pound.

“Where should we shop? Party City?” Liam asks.

“I honestly don’t even know.” I chuckle. “Maybe I’ll have Gemma meet up with us. This whole shopping thing is something she’s a pro at.”

“Then it’s settled! If Mariah says yes, today after school we’ll meet up with Gemma and shop for the stuff. Good work, Styles!”

“Good work to you too, Payne! Ya know, we do make a pretty good team.” I joke.

“Yeah, we do.” He agrees. “Woah, I just thought of the weirdest thing ever. If we both end up marrying our girlfriends someday, we’ll become brother-in-laws!”

“Liam, I don’t think it works that way…”

“Well I think it does!” he laughs.

“Wham, bam, chicken and ham.” I sigh.

“What the hell did you just say?”

“What? It’s a saying!” I laugh, justifying my corniness.

“Sometimes I worry about you, Harold…” Liam mumbles. I chuckle and lightly punch his shoulder.

Time has passed so now there’s only 10 minutes left before school officially starts. The two of us decide to enter our school and get our things. On the way to my locker I bump into someone.

“Shit.” I stumble back. “Sorry.” The guy mumbles. I take a long look at him before I realize that it’s…Zayn?

“Dude, what’s wrong with you? You look horrible!” I say with wide eyes. Taking in his appearance I notice everything. His eyes are completely bloodshot. It seems as if he didn’t even bother changing his clothes this morning since he’s wearing pajamas. His usually quiff-styled hair is matted down on his head. Something must really be wrong if he didn’t even bother to do his hair. Zayn’s the type of guy that never leaves the house looking bummy, even if he’s just going to the store, so seeing him like this is quite shocking.